2006 Ford StreetKa Review

Model year2006
Year of manufacture2006
Engine and transmission 1.6 Don't Know
Previous carFord Ka

Summary:

Amazing, puts the fun back into driving!

I had a problem getting the boot open, something to do with the electrics. It has never happened since.

The engine warning light came on after I had had it for about 4 months, but I wasn't losing power. I took it to the garage and it was covered by my warranty. It was something to do with the exhaust, sorry, but I cannot now remember what, but it would have been expensive had it not been under warranty. Since then I have had no problems and the car is now two years old.

General Comments:

Despite the two problems I had I really rate this car, but I am really glad I got the winter version. I usually take the hard top roof off in about April and don't put it back on until October. In the summer when I bought it is was fantastic, it really puts the fun back into driving! I swear I thought I'd be useless at getting the roof down, but I can do it in about 15 seconds now! Once though it was so hot inside (a scorching day), and I couldn't get a hold of the metal handles inside they were so hot! Luckily I had some gloves in the glove compartment.

I have been driving small boring cars for years now and always go for the basic cheap models and played it safe. Mt streetka is 2 years old though now and I really should be starting to look around for something new, but I honestly think I will keep it for another few years as I absolutely love driving it.

Review Date: 15th February, 2008