1985 GMC 1/2 Ton Review

Model year1985
Year of manufacture1985
Engine and transmission 305 V8 Manual
Previous carFord Escort

Summary:

" I Love my '85 GMC"

None! When I bought my '85 GMC truck all that it needed was a complete tune-up, tires, brakes, and "minor" stuff. Two months later my wiper/signal switch shorted out and was replaced.

General Comments:

What a truck! I could not ask for anything more enjoyable to own! After my truck is tuned-up I get approximately 25 to 30 miles to a gallon of gas. Seriously! for a 305 V-8 and standard transmission! I would buy another truck like this if I could. The interior of my truck is the original and the previous owner had put a seat cover over the seat so the seat was in "excellent" condition and still is.

Review Date: 30th September, 2007

22nd Oct 2007, 00:42

Really?! 25-30 MPG??? I'm not dismissing your claim, that's just incredible mileage for a gasoline V-8 in a full size truck. Care to share your secrets???

6th Jun 2010, 12:41

"SECRETS"? observe the speed limit, easy take off, (not like a screaming banshee), eliminate drive-through's and other unnecessary idling.. in other words, sober and conscientious driving.. you are sure to achieve this too.

7th Oct 2010, 11:47

I too own an 85 GMC, but the only difference is, I replaced the 305 with a 350. My fuel mileage is at 8.5 and that is it.

If anyone knows of a better carb than an Edelbrock 4, please let me know.

31st Jan 2011, 13:22

Sure, A Q-jet. Edelbrock are garbage carbs, a 4 barrel Quadra-jet will get you better mileage. There primaries are tiny, so if you don't hit the gas so the secondaries open up, you use a lot less fuel.

Average review marks: 8.3 / 10, based on 1 review