The rear quarter panels have started to rust through, as is expected of a vehicle of this age.
The seats in it when I bought it were not original, so they did not fit. I did, however replace them with with Sierra High-backs, which are better than the stock seats.
Within a week the exhaust donut on the right side went bad. It cost me a whole of 68 cents and half an hour.
The rear window was a bit beat up, not cracked or broken in any way, but there were scuffs and scratches, so I replaced it.
The topper had been painted, so when it flexed, paint chipped and fell off. It looked really bad, so I replaced it.
At this point I got pulled over due to the exhaust. It was not a manufacturers problem, I just had the exhaust replaced for more ponies and a meaner sound. I guess the cop liked peace and quiet.
I replaced the cracked fuel hose going into the carb.
I replaced ALL of these parts for less than $300. I went to a junkyard and just bought another with the exterior pieces I needed for a measly $200. I sold the excess as scrap and got $50 of my money back.
For its size and age, this beast handles great at higher speeds. However, at lower speeds, or while towing, an inexperienced driver will wander all over the road.
Unlike a lot of newer trucks, this beast has lots of power in reverse. I have seriously lost count of how many cars, vans, trucks, and SUV's I have pulled out of the ditch, mud, snowbanks, and towed.
Due to the suspension lift and 36 inch Kelly Safari swamper tires, I had to get a custom done hitch so I could tow.
One thing GM did not think out was the fact that they put radios of different sizes in their trucks as opposed to the rest of the world. I had to custom build my dash to accommodate a cd player. There was plenty of room inside the dash to mount an amp for subwoofers. There was also a lack of stock speaker mounts.
You learn to watch the gas.