1977 GMC Sierra Reviews - Page 2 of 2

1977 GMC Sierra K-15 Grande 350 stock from North America

Year of manufacture1977
Engine and transmission 350 stock Manual
Previous carChevrolet C10

Summary:

With a few of my mods, a very fast Satan

The will never stop going through starters.

My valve cover gaskets leak no matter what.

Looks very bad (VERY minimal rust, but still looks bad).

It's a cold natured son of a gun.

Engine blew up after about 3,200 miles.

Very long shift (throw).

General Comments:

I love this truck, and will never get rid of it, no matter what. I have wrecked it pretty bad, and just fixed it instead of getting rid of it.

I think this truck is very comfortable, although some of my friends don't think so.

It has been through hell, and still hasn't come back yet, but I'm doing a frame off restoration this summer, so it will look better.

Review Date: 21st March, 2003

16th Sep 2004, 11:48

I went to the site you listed to see the pictures of your truck and there aren't any. When do you plan to have them up? I am interested to see what you've done. Are you having paint done as well? I just bought a 87 GMC Sierra 2500, and I am looking for ideas on the paint. I have done the rims and tires, going with 33" Wild Country RVT's. I also put a 6" lift on it so it looks pretty beefy. Pioneer stereo with CD is installed. Is full off body restoration a necessary thing or is it just something you want to do. The body of my pick up is pretty clean with a few minor dents ad scratches here and there nothing serious. For some reason I am unable to switch over to the other fuel tank. Right now only one is working. I am not sure if it an electrical problem or something wrong with the switch valve. Anyhow, I just thought I would get your input and let you know that I am interested in seeing your pick-up.

Thanks, Andy.