1997 GMC Sonoma SLS 2.2L from North America

Summary:

A get up and go truck

Before I bought this truck off of my friend, he replace the coil pack.

At 102000 I had to replace the head gasket.

At 103090 I had to replace the stock clutch with a Center-force Dual Friction Clutch because the Stock one was toast.

Other than those three things, Everything else is basically stock.

General Comments:

I am very happy with my 1997 GMC Sonoma SLS, Although I had to put some money into it, it was worth it because right now I have a decent truck to run around in since I'm only 16. I also race it and it gets up and goes with a few mods that I have put into it like a K&N Cold Air Intake, Gibson Split Rear Exhaust, Centerforce Clutch, and Plug Wires. I also threw on a body kit and after market rims that my friend use to have on it and the truck looks great.

Review Date: 2nd June, 2004

10th Sep 2007, 22:28

That's awesome man. I just got my 1997 GMC Sonoma and it has some work to be done; a little bit of body work and some new tires and rims, and a CD player.

The truck is awesome for my first truck. When I took it on a test drive, it had some power to give; not bad for a 180 HP, but I think the guy was not telling the truth about the engine.

Anyways, I can't wait to drive it again. Got to get the plates.

Peace.

P.S. IT'S USED

1997 GMC Sonoma SLS 2.2 from North America

Summary:

Sooooo Lame

I have had this truck for a month and a half and it is killing me!

The fuel pump has gone twice and it is now having serious fuel delivery troubles (valves?).

The wind shield wipers also quit sometimes.

General Comments:

Do not buy one of these!!!

Review Date: 3rd September, 2002

1997 GMC Sonoma SLS 4.3 from North America

Summary:

Economical, fun, looks good

Third door seal replaced at 29,000. Needs replacing again.

Misaligned hood and fenders.

General Comments:

Uniroyal tires lasted 71,000 miles. The only negative is the dealer (Hasselwood in Bremerton, WA), they have a non service attitude. GM makes a good vehicle, but I will never buy from this dealer again.

Review Date: 1st December, 2001

15th Nov 2004, 12:22

Like wise, I will never by from my dealer again.