2003 Holden Astra CD 1.8 from Australia and New Zealand

Summary:

Brilliant

Nothing.

General Comments:

This is by far the best car I have ever driven. It handles brilliantly.

The sound system is great, in fact the whole car is great.

The only thing I can fault is, the seats are a little hard on the back for my liking.

Small problem thou, this car is Great!!!

I would recommend any one, to buy one.

WOW!!!

Review Date: 30th June, 2003

7th Aug 2003, 20:27

I've been looking to buy my first small/medium car in OZ.

I'm glad somebody else mentioned the uncomfortable seats as I was accused of being fussy! However, apart from this the CD with ABS and Air-con (as extra) still beats the Ford Focus Zetec hands down, especially if you have to drive automatic! The response in the Focus is so poor when going uphill, but the Astra Automatic revs up as soon as you touch the accelerator, and you don't lose speed or sound like a wailing cat when the Focus eventually drops down gears!

In the end I have bought a CDX It only costs a $1000 or so more than a CD with ABS and Aircon, which is standard on CDX. Along with Sporty leather seats, airbags side and front, heated front seats, trip computer and temp control, and other stuff.

I think it is worth the extra money if you can scrape it together.

2003 Holden Astra convertable 2.2 from Australia and New Zealand

Summary:

Mmmm leather!!!

Absolutely nothing.

General Comments:

The car is comfortable, quiet and a pleasure to drive. My biggest problem, how do I get my wife out of the car. She just loves it.

Had our last Astra for 6 years, if this is half as reliable I'll be well pleased.

Review Date: 4th June, 2003

2003 Holden Astra TS 2.2 LTR from Australia and New Zealand

Summary:

Value for money!

Nothing at all, this car is excellent value for money given you are buying a convertible without the name tag.

General Comments:

Handles well of the start and engine is very quiet + smooth.

Interior + Leather is excellent. I know for a fact the company that produces the interior "Bertone" is well known as an excellent leather maker in Italy.

A few people (and myself) agree that it has the front look of a CLK mercedes convertible (only $80k cheaper) - see one and you'll know what I mean.

The rear has a Volvo look and with its strong (steel) doors gives the car a classy and safe look. Also has definite European styling.

Review Date: 29th January, 2003

29th Jan 2003, 21:09

I would have to say that I really agree with the impressed feeling that this review gave off!!!

I also own an Astra convertible and all my friends from school say they would die to have such a beautiful car!!!