2001 Holden Berlina Reviews

2001 Holden Berlina VX 3.8V6 from Australia and New Zealand

Model year2001
Year of manufacture2001
Engine and transmission 3.8V6 Automatic

Summary:

Reliable and very good value

I had to change the black strips that went over the roof of the car from boot line to roof top a few times.

I found the brakes caused vibration when heavily used. I drove from Sydney to Wollongong and on the steep hill into Wollongong there was a lot of vibration which you could feel through the car.

A minor annoyance was the rubber strip gasket around the inside of the petrol gap filler door broke away and would hang down.

General Comments:

One thing I wish Holden would install is a buzzer to tell you if any door is ajar. I had to have an after market one fitted and don't understand why Holden would forgot such an important warning device.

Also I found the car not comfortable to drive on long distances. I had to rest my elbows on my knees as I drove. I wish the seat had been more recessed so I could rest my elbows on the center console or drivers inside door handle. This would have taken the strain off my shoulders and reduced my shoulder pain.

I was going to drive to Perth when I first bought the car, but after driving to Brisbane I realised I wouldn't have survived it.

Review Date: 14th August, 2006