Suffers from lousy build quality and poor componentry choices!
1. Engine "missed" for the 1st year of its life - traced to faulty electrical connector - eventually.
2. Power Steering pump seized at about 15000 km, then again at 45000, and was threatening to do the same at 100000. Very common on all VT and post-models - regardless of model.
3. Power Steering rack gave way at 20000km, and was clunking it's way to another failure at 100000km.
4. Auto transmission came to a grinding halt (literally) at about 50000km, and started slipping at about 90,000km - managed to nurse it to sale - sorry if you got it.
5. Differential began "clunking" at about 5000km, then whining at 80000km - getting worse till sale at 100000km - again sorry!
6. Brakes are the worst on any car I have owned. Replaced pads for some Bendix Ultimates at about 15000km, then new rotors at about 75000km - much improved after pad/rotor change.
7. Fuel injector "O" rings needed replacing at 20000km.
8. Tyres edges "scrub out" on these models like there's no tomorrow - very, very common problem on these cars.
9. More rattles and squeaks than a Fisher Price catalogue!
10. Suspension was the harshest I've experienced.
11. There's other stuff, but I've said enough!
Poor build quality. No up-rated componentry is used on these cars, yet they are sold as a performance variant.
Engine, once the electrical fault was found, was quite acceptable, and frugal on fuel.
Seats were great.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? No
Review Date: 13th November, 2003