1970 Holden Kingswood Review

1970 Holden Kingswood hg worked 186 from Australia and New Zealand

Year of manufacture1970
Engine and transmission worked 186 Automatic
Previous carNissan Pintara

Summary:

A classic muscle restoration

Nothing much has really gone wrong with my car so far. I bought the car as a restoration project and its just about completed, its cost about $25,000 to date, but my dream has almost been achieved. It started to overheat one day on the freeway due to a cooling system blockage, but that's not bad considering that before I bought it, it hadn't had a tune or or service for more than 15 years...

General Comments:

I've loved these old cars now for years, I always wanted to hot one up, so now that I've got the money behind me I have. Its currently going through a full bare metal restoration, its having a turbo 700 4spd auto put in from a later model commodore, and I've done a lot of performance work the the engine, the little 186 cubic inch straight 6 cylinder is now developing around 250 horse power at the rear wheel, and it can beat most v8's, but doesn't suffer from the extra weight.

Review Date: 5th April, 2004

1st Sep 2005, 21:46

Hi there. Great to hear of another HG out there. I have an HG Station Wagon. I am interested to know what you have done to the engine for it to develop 250hp! If you have time, please email me on: vicegripswells@gmail.com

Thanks.

13th Apr 2006, 04:58

Hey mate, tough kingswood.

I am also wondering how you managed that much power out of a 186.

I have a 186s in a Hg premier for my first car.

Could you please send me some info on your engine to mat920@hotmail.com.

Cheers Matt.