1977 Holden Kingswood Reviews

1977 Holden Kingswood SL 4.2 from Australia and New Zealand

Year of manufacture1977
Most recent distance204000 kilometres

Summary:

My baby..

-Needed new pressure switch for tranny ($49.00)

-Needed new water pump ($90.00)

-Wouldn't start, took the mechanic 2 days to find that one of the fuses for the gas was shorted by the cigarette lighter ($36.00)

-Needs new vinyl roof.

General Comments:

This is a dual fuel car, and for the amount of negative things that I heard about gas, I've had no problems with it at all. I try to run it on petrol about once every month (about 1 in 4 tanks) and I have an additive, which works extremely well. The gas does make acceleration a bit slower, but normal cruising is exactly the same, as many people said... this is a cruise car, its not made to go fast.

I use it as my everyday car, as as stated I've had minimal problems from the car. Itll be 30 years old in about a year, so my congrats to Holden for making such an awsome car.

Its got the dual exhausts and sounds awsome, it really is a head turner. Awsome for a cruise down the cost on a warm Sunday afternoon with the windows down...

Review Date: 2nd October, 2006

1977 Holden Kingswood HX 253 from Australia and New Zealand

Year of manufacture1977
Most recent year of ownership2001
Engine and transmission 253 Automatic
Previous carHolden HX

Summary:

It's a great car, very quick out of the blocks, stylish and is very comfy on a long trip

Original alternator started to overcharge the battery after 24 years! Not a bad life?

Water pump seals were leaking when I bought it and it cost a bit to fix.

General Comments:

My HX rocks! It is positively the most comfortable car I have driven in.

I have owned 2 other HX Kingswoods and love them to pieces.

This is my first V8 and it gets 10 liters per 100 km on the open road. It's about 15 liters per 100 km in the city.

The interior was in mint condition and still is.

The car is a great cruiser and attracts lots of attention wherever it goes in Adelaide.

It can pull 15 seconds on the quarter mile, so I am very happy with the performance from a car that only cost me $1500.

It's extremely loud, has a great paint job, good mags and turns heads easily.

It's very easy to break into, so I now have a good car alarm with a microwave sensor to protect the sound system.

Review Date: 18th October, 2001

30th Apr 2005, 21:20

Any kind of car will attract attention in Adelaide :D.

12th Oct 2005, 19:34

If a hx kingswood is the most comfortable car you have ever driven in you haven't driven in many cars.