2013 Honda Civic LX 1.8 from North America

Drive by wire is faulty. Hesitates on acceleration. Dealer says, "two footed driving method issue". But it is intermittent; if two footed driving is the issue, why would it be intermittent?

Performance wise: Going up a steep grade, it won't come out of 3rd gear without releasing pressure on the pedal. Even after leveling out grade wise.

My major complaint is the hesitation. Almost to a scary level, on left turns or trying to pass a vehicle.

General Comments:

I would not buy a Civic again unless it was the sport stick shift model.

Review Date: 14th September, 2015

14th Sep 2015, 12:56

Intermittent: apparently, the dealer has determined that sometimes you remember to take your left foot off the brake pedal, and other times, you don't.

2013 Honda Civic ES-T 1.6 i-DTEC turbo diesel from UK and Ireland

You will not regret getting a new Civic 1.6 diesel

Nothing to date.

General Comments:

These are great cars. I have the 1.6 diesel and it is very nippy, but gets great economy; the best I've averaged so far in 11k miles is 77 MPG (based on brim to brim calculations); this was with 'super' diesel, which does seem to increase MPG. Typically it averages about 68 MPG (the trip computer often shows 80+ MPG) with regular diesel, but for some reason Shell diesel seems better for the economy.

It rides and handles well in 'real world' conditions, and the split rear window really isn't a problem; I'd even miss it as it cuts out headlight glare from cars behind.

The car is quiet and refined on journeys, despite what some magazines say, as the car has a very low drag coefficient, which really isolates you from the outside world with little to no wind noise, and muted tyre noise. The 1.6 diesel hardly loses any performance to the 2.2, but the much better economy and the free road tax is a bonus.

My only niggles are the driver's armrest on the door is not padded, so can get uncomfortable for the elbow on long journeys, and if I was being really picky, the seats could be a bit more comfortable on long journeys. Even though it has a useful reversing camera, there are no rear sensors on my model, which would be handy as it's difficult to know where the rear is when reversing.

I haven't visited the dealer yet, but will do so soon for its first 12.5k service; it is included in my lease deal, so should be free! The car has used no oil so far, which is unusual with new engines; it is now starting to loosen up nicely in fact.

The boot is excellent, the seats fold totally flat, and it's surprising what the under floor storage compartment will hold. I'd recommend at least the ES trim as you get everything you need such as dual zone climate etc. I have the optional T model, which adds sat nav, which is very easy to use. Of course if you have no need for sat nav, then the ES is the pick I'd say; the EX model will add leather, heated seats and reversing sensors.

In summary, a very easy car to live with and a pleasant place to while away long journeys, all in a car that is refreshingly different to the numerous Golfs and Focuses one sees everywhere.

Review Date: 27th August, 2014

2013 Honda Civic LX from North America

The fan blower motor has a high pitched sound. Took it to the dealer and they replaced it; however they replaced it in a way that made the noise louder. Contacted Honda Canada and discovered that they were willing to do very little, and once you contact them, until the matter is resolved you MUST continue to speak with the initial service agent that took the call (mine was a person who was unwilling to listen and constantly talked over me... sorry, but it's true).

I wash my car weekly at the car wash and always have; however this car at 5 months is covered with scratch marks. None of the other Civics I owned had this problem. In my opinion this will be my last Honda. It was my first brand new Honda, and they have really disappointed this owner.

General Comments:

Car is peppy enough, and like most Hondas, it's good on gas. Beyond that, not much to say. Sorry Honda, loved you, but got to leave you now.

Review Date: 1st April, 2014