2003 Honda CR-V Reviews

First year of ownership2010
Most recent year of ownership2011
Engine and transmission 2.0 gasoline Manual
Previous carToyota VIOS

Summary:

Good for big families and emergency runs

Stacked mileage list.

That cool air conditioning.

General Comments:

Nice looks and very comfortable.

Good air conditioning when fixed.

Good cornering and straightaway speed.

Nice car, but too expensive for its class. It also has bad gas consumption of 6.7 kms/l.

Nice power, can go to 120 km/h and up, but the brakes are a little weak.

Review Date: 24th October, 2011

2003 Honda CR-V EX AWD 2.4 from North America

First year of ownership2010
Distance when acquired142000 kilometres
Previous carToyota ECHO

Summary:

Perfect small SUV

Occasional 'Check Engine Light'.

General Comments:

Solid and reliable SUV.

Compared with the opposition, Rav4, Ford Escape etc, it is far superior in quality.

We have put on 28000km in the eight months we have owned it.

Review Date: 17th October, 2010

20th Oct 2010, 08:33

I don't know... I don't have an "occasional check engine light" on my RAV 4. Not so sure about the superior quality comment.

I like Honda's, but the CR-V has no V6 option, so you can't really tow anything with it. We put the Escape and the RAV 4 against each other, and the RAV 4 barely beat the Escape overall. Ford is making some very nice vehicles these days. It really came down to the drive as the RAV drives more like a car. I wouldn't say any of them has a lower quality level though. I owned an '08 Accord, and the quality was on par with Toyota and Ford overall, but not any better really. Resale is another issue.

2003 Honda CR-V EX 2.4L from North America

Engine and transmission 2.4L Automatic
Previous carSubaru Legacy

Summary:

The 2nd generation CRV is a very nice small SUV, some electrical problems, but overall very positive

Air compressor froze up and broke the serpentine belt at 104000.

Seems to have multiple electrical problems.

Repeated cabin dome light bulb failure every few months, even though replaced with a quality bulb each time.

Dash power outlet fuse failed several times when GPS or cell phone plugged in - apparently a fairly common problem with CR-V's. Fuse is under dash, bit of a pain to replace.

Left rear power window failed, not fixed.

Power locks broken, all but driver's door work, whether with door control or remote, even after reprogramming of remote.

Rear-mounted spare tire cover zipper froze up, had to break zipper to remove tire cover.

Mileage could be better, about 22 - 25 on the highway, but that seems common for all wheel drive for the 2nd generation CRV.

General Comments:

My wife's car, in general we like it.

Good pickup, feels faster than it really is.

Comfortable ride, pretty good sound insulation, good handling in snow, excellent visibility.

Lots of room inside compared to other small SUVs, seems more than in newer CRV models - a car pool buddy has a 2008 model LX and this seems roomier.

Review Date: 10th May, 2010

10th May 2010, 19:08

I own a 2006 Honda CR-V and love it. I have 50,000 miles. Haven't had any issues whatsoever. I also have the all-wheel drive model with the automatic transmission. I get about 28 MPG highway and about 20 around town. Overall, excellent vehicle.

I don't think the 3rd generation is bigger inside like you stated. I test drove a new 2010 Honda CR-V before I bought my 2006 CR-V (used). In fact, the reason I bought the 2006 is because I hated the 2010. It felt a lot smaller inside, didn't ride as well, and the automatic transmission seemed clunky. At least in the model I test drove. I test drove my CR-V and absolutely loved it. I still do. Honda took a step backward with the new CR-V. The second-gen is far better.

2003 Honda CR-V LX 4 gas from North America