14th Jul 2011, 14:51

I bought a keyless lock too! And that failed as well. I know this because the alarm still works, but the keyless remote will no longer unlock the door.

5th Jun 2012, 19:59

Could someone please give me a link to the DIY fix it problem, for the driver's side door not working?

6th Jun 2012, 13:29

I am the one who posted 6/29/11. My 2003 Element had another problem after the cracked windshield, the drivers' side power window went out at 134,500 miles. I just drove my other car (a 2005 Toyota Corolla) most of the time until I had the power window fixed a few months ago, and the cracked windshield was replaced last month.

I am now at 137,300 miles. The mechanicals have been very reliable... just these other things.

Still, all in all, I am happy with my Element.

20th Jun 2013, 20:44

I have a 2003 Honda Element. This is the 2nd time my driver's side door lock has failed, and now my passenger side has failed as well. I had to climb in from the trunk leaving work this evening. I find it hard to believe, with all the people having this problem, that Honda has not recalled this issue.

14th Oct 2013, 00:08

I have a 2003 Element that I used to deliver mail out of. Door lock went at 157000 miles. Otherwise pretty much normal worn out parts like all four struts at 90000 miles (dirt roads). I LOVE my tank from Honda.

14th Oct 2013, 10:23

My Element now has 153,620 miles and is still doing well. Overall I can't really complain. I think it could make 300,000 miles eventually. I am going to keep it as long as I can.

17th May 2014, 14:15

Have a Copper 03 with the same driver's door lock and window issues. No windshield problems, perhaps because of the temperate weather here on the Oregon coast. Rear swaybar/strut bushings and normal things like shocks & brakes have needed replacement. With 250+k miles and 7 years ownership, we still think this is the best utility vehicle either of us has ever owned. Bummed they no longer make them, and intend on keeping ours going as long as possible. Absolutely the BEST dog, camping, road-trip, rally support & exploration vehicle there is! We clean ours out with a leaf blower and a garden hose!

10th Jun 2014, 01:11

I have recently had the same problem with my driver's side door lock. I was about to buy a new lock cylinder from one dealer. When I went to another dealer, they gave me the option to put in a keyless remote, which is the route I took. It's easier to open the driver's side door. I also noticed that when you jiggle your key as you are inserting it through the lock, that it manages to open it with no difficulty.

20th Oct 2014, 19:22

I too am having the same issues with the driver's side lock going firs, and now my passenger door lock going. I have a 2003 Honda Element that I bought brand new, and this is the only issue I have had with this vehicle. I love my Element!!!