2012 Honda Fit Reviews

Year of manufacture2012
First year of ownership2012
Most recent year of ownership2012
Previous carHonda Fit

Summary:

Excellent choice

Nothing yet, but the car is brand new.

General Comments:

After much research, I settled on the Honda Fit Sport as my first new car since 2003. I've been sharing cars with my kids (1997 Corollas, amazing cars), and finally got to the point where I had to get a ride of my own.

I purchased the sport model, because it offered a lot more for the money than the base.

As I said, the car is brand new, so there is nothing much that I can tell you in terms of how the car has performed over a long period of time. However, I do want people to know that the 2012 is noticeably quieter than previous models. My sister has a 2009, and the noise level in the car bugged me. No issues here.

The car is fun to drive, very roomy, quick but not a race car, and is averaging around 27 MPG in mixed driving.

The paddle shifters are odd, but just because I am used to a stick and clutch. The car is an automatic, but I have played with the paddles. I honestly don't know if I will ever use them.

Last comment: I looked at every model in this class, and in my opinion the Fit is hands down the best buy in its class.

Review Date: 25th June, 2012

2012 Honda Fit Base 1.5 from North America

Model year2012
Year of manufacture2012
First year of ownership2012
Most recent year of ownership2012
Previous carScion xA

Summary:

Great car... so far

I bought the car new, so nothing is wrong at this point.

General Comments:

The ride is more comfy than my Scion Xa. MUCH more rear storage as the rear seats fold flat.

It rides a little lower, so it's a little tougher to get in and out of.

And what's the deal with no center arm rests. Are the Japanese all missing a right arm or something? LOL! All kidding aside, I'm sure it's because they want you to BUY one. I bought a center arm rest for my Scion, and just took off the plate attached to the bottom of it, and it fits my Fit perfectly!

Review Date: 5th January, 2012

12th Jan 2012, 06:44

Please keep us informed on your new Honda Fit... the good and the bad. Honda sells about 50,000 of those Fits every year in the U.S., but we don't see too many reviews on them on Carsurvey with the exception of the 2007 model. The small car market segment is hot right now, and looks like it will get hotter as the gas prices move up to $4.00 a gallon again...