2004 Honda HR-V Review

2004 Honda HR-V 1.6 from UK and Ireland

Model year2004
Year of manufacture2004
Previous carRenault Renault Megane

Summary:

Not sure yet about dealer quality

After 8 months, I have rust appearing in the seams of 3 of the 4 doors. The dealer has taken photos of this and sent it back to Honda Ireland. I have heard nothing yet, but am not going to be happy with a respray job as a: the car will be resprayed and will lose value and be more difficult to sell, b: the dealers will knock down the value when I go to sell it based on previous rust in the first 8 months, and 3: if the rust started this fast I am going to have more and more problems down the line. I am going to demand a new vehicle as this is disgraceful from a manufacturer of such high repute, and also with the price of the HR-V here (€26,000) it's fairly serious financially.

General Comments:

I love the styling of the car. It's funky and sporty at the same time.

The bodywork is totally worrying me as I didn't realise I might be buying a rust bucket. I thought that if they're offering a 3 year warranty that they can stand over their bodywork.

Review Date: 8th April, 2005

9th Apr 2005, 10:54

There is absolutely no way any vehicle, particularly (as you say) a car made by someone like Honda, should rust at this early age. HR-V's have not been a big seller for Honda in the last couple of years - the range has now been much reduced, and I wonder if you've been unlucky enough to pick up a car that's been parked at the dockyard (HR-V's still come from Japan) or in a field for several months. I would advise doing some research with Honda and finding out exactly when your car was made. Any Honda dealers I've dealt with have been great, I hope the same applies to yours in Ireland, and that you get a good result!

Average review marks: 6.6 / 10, based on 1 review