1996 Honda Legend Reviews

Model year1996
Year of manufacture1996
Most recent year of ownership2012
Previous carHonda Legend

Summary:

Superb value for money, and great reliability

Starter motor brushes needed replacing at 232,000 kms.

Thermostat needed replacing at 241,000 kms.

The rear window demister has two heater lines that take a bit longer than the others to demist.

General Comments:

Bought this car against strong advice from my friends, only to see two of my friends purchase the 1997 and 1999 model. Not as nippy as my previous 1991 model.

These cars grow on you, and once you get used to them, parting company can prove very difficult.

Around Auckland city, I get on average 560kms out of 65 litres, so economy is not too bad for a 3.5L 1996 car that weighs nearly 1800 kg!

The ride is superb, but you must get good matching tyres. The real value of these cars is on the country roads.

Contrary to my friends various reservations about transmission reliability, I have had absolutely no problems. The auto transmission and diff oils must be changed every 40k. The engine is very smooth.

Review Date: 29th March, 2012

1996 Honda Legend 3.2 V6 from UK and Ireland

Model year1996
Year of manufacture1996
Engine and transmission 3.2 V6 Automatic
Distance when acquired172000 miles
Previous carFord Scorpio

Summary:

A hard car to beat for the money

Head Gasket replaced at 160000 miles.

Front headlight bulb.

Reversing light bulb.

General Comments:

I have owned quite a few big cars, but the Legend is a legend in motoring. Being that the car has just gone through its 7th MOT without a single failure, I think this speaks for itself.

Very rare, very fast, very reliable, and a very good looking car. I love it!

Review Date: 11th December, 2005

20th Aug 2008, 04:38

You just love Hondas more than your wife. All Legends are expensive to run/repair. Nobody wants work on them cos the mechanics are complicated and special tools are required. I had 3 Legends in past 7 years and I know what I'm talking about.

21st Jun 2010, 20:00

Three? You kept buying them though eh? I think YOU love Honda, and why not, they are reliable, and all cars need fixed sometime - cars are like Forrest Gumps box of chocolates with consumer reviews.