2010 Hyundai i30 Review

First year of ownership2011
Most recent year of ownership2011
Engine and transmission 2.0 petrol Manual
Previous carToyota Aurion

Summary:

Not what I expected

Due to the relatively short time we have owned the vehicle, we cannot actually fault the car's credibility, but for what we were led to believe, we have some misgivings.

The road noise is very noticeable, and the driver's seat has now lumbar support.

For the dealership to give such a short demo drive (3kms), one has no real feeling for the car's ride.

Hand brake set back is something to get used to, and the sluggish pick up is a bit of a concern.

I could go on about personal dissatisfaction with the vehicle, but it would be directed at the dealership, not the vehicle.

Would I buy another Hyundai; probably not. Pickup, noise and general misgivings from the dealership.

Would I recommend it as a first car; yes, it's a safe car around town.

Lastly, as car for older people; yes, it's nimble in supermarket car parks, but for me, nah, can't even trade it. A $25,000 car with 300km is only worth $13,000 back to the same dealer.

General Comments:

Road noise is noticeable.

Seats have no lower support.

Hand brake quite away back.

But turns on a dime.

Review Date: 28th August, 2011

15th Feb 2013, 11:14

The handbrake may be able to be adjusted; check your hand book if it's a self adjuster.

The road noise could very well be the tires; you'd be amazed at the difference tyres can make.

Average review marks: 3.5 / 10, based on 1 review