2008 Hyundai Tiburon GS 2.0L 4 cylinder from North America

Summary:

A girls car and that's it, just a girls car

The trunk release didn't work when I bought the car.

Got terrible gas mileage for a car of its size. I mean for a little 4 banger, it pumped out only 138hp.

The thing only got 20 in the city and like 27 on the highway.

General Comments:

I bought this car, after finally explaining to my parents that the s**t box Mazda Protege they bought me, was making me want to drive it into a lake.

Now just as a little back story, I always loved cars growing up. More importantly, American cars and muscle cars, and I know enough to pick myself out a car I would like.

But my mom ended up calling our next door neighbor, who's a car salesman, and made him look for a car for me.

A couple months later, we get a call that he found something, and what is it but a 2008 Hyundai Tiburon GS red with a sunroof. I saw it and said, "hey I used one of these cars in need for speed." After taking it for a ride, I thought it was alright, but my mom apparently fell in love with it, and started saying we have a deal.

On the way over to the sales office, I caught a glimpse of a BEAUTIFUL 2003 Cadillac Deville with a brown canvas top. I stopped over to see it, and immediately fell in love with it. However my mom took one look at it, and said "It's an old mans car, NO!".

The first couple months I had it were good. It got me from A to B. But being six foot one, the car's comfort factor started to concern me. I had to take two other kids to school with me everyday, and honestly if I had to shut the rear hatch, I would tell the passenger in the back to duck.

Driving this car for long distances and short distances, is terrible; being 19 years old and complaining that my back is hurting, is not good.

To sum up the car in the performance department; it's a sheep in wolves clothing. It looks like it can go fast, and even looks like it's going fast standing still, but if you floor it, you're going to be disappointed.

After a year of owning this car, I'd had enough. Me and my dad took the car without my mom knowing, and traded it in on a 2002 Cadillac Deville. Let's just say my mom wasn't too thrilled seeing me come home. On the bright side though, I did walk out of the dealership with 1500 bucks in my pocket.

Review Date: 25th September, 2012

26th Sep 2012, 12:58

What happens when you get tired of the Caddy?

26th Sep 2012, 16:28

The Tiburon may be sporty, but the Cadillac is a better car for the money; way more luxurious too. I would have chose the Cadillac too; great to know that there are younger people with good taste in cars too.

27th Sep 2012, 18:10

Yeah, Tiburon's have always been crappy cars. The Caddy is way better if that's your style. Good move dude.

2008 Hyundai Tiburon 2.0 liter 4 cylinder from North America

Summary:

Very nice car for the price I paid; the quality seems very good

Engine warning sensor came on at 15000km - faulty knock sensor - covered by warranty.

Small suspension part broke at 16000km - covered by warranty.

Switch to pop trunk broke at 18000km - covered by warranty.

General Comments:

Overall, it is a very nice car. I am very pleased with the purchase and would have considered buying a new one in the future if they were still made. I would not however consider the Genesis unless they came out with an all wheel drive version, as we get a lot of snow.

I purchased the car for a lot less than list, as they were clearing them out to bring in the Genesis.

The ride quality is good, considering it has a somewhat sporty suspension.

Acceleration is decent for a regular 4cyl.

Pros:

Great look, good price for the performance, factory stereo is quite good, no major issues in first 20,000km, handles better than my Acura did.

Cons:

Paint quality is not great. There are scratches in the clear coat in places where I never touch the car. Arm rests are uncomfortable on long rides. No key-less trunk latch.

Review Date: 8th July, 2010