2001 Infiniti G20 Reviews

2001 Infiniti G20 from North America

Model year2001
Previous carInfiniti G20

Summary:

Great

General Comments:

Great car, was bought brand new in 2001 by parents.

Luxury, yet a great commute car.

Aside from the general maintenance, I haven't had any trouble with it.

I would definitely buy another G20 if they still made this model. I plan to keep this car for a good while.

Review Date: 4th May, 2010

2001 Infiniti G20 2.0 liter from North America

Model year2001
Engine and transmission 2.0 liter Automatic
Previous carHonda Civic

Summary:

A very nice car

I've had this car since May 2002, and the only thing that went bad is the O2 sensor. Cup holders could be better, turning radius is to wide, power is a little low on the low end, but for economy that's to be expected.

General Comments:

I have the luxury model with leather interior. My wife and I have loved this car ever since we bought it. It fits our style, sporty and a little luxury. I love the Bose stereo system, the auto air, and the sun roof. Gas mileage is pretty good also. Over all look is my style. Oh... it really handles the road really good also, I had to hit the brakes once at 60 mph to miss a deer and the car handled excellent.

Review Date: 11th May, 2005

2001 Infiniti G20 Touring 2.0 Litre from North America

Most recent year of ownership2001
Engine and transmission 2.0 Litre Manual
Previous carHonda Accord

Summary:

Quick, efficient, luxurious, and practical at a very reasonable price.

Intermittent rattle at idle, presumably a heat-shield (yet virtually unnoticeable).

Keyless-entry remote control doesn't always work on the first try, even when 2 feet away from the car.

General Comments:

Excellent value for the money. I'm an unemployed college student and even I can afford it on my limited salary! My first new car and loving it.

Unexpectedly generous amounts of headroom, even with a sunroof.

Unbelievable handling. Freeway interchanges at 85 mph and the car asks for more.

Low-end torque is marginal at best, but this engine comes alive above 4000 rpm.

Brakes are excellent. Very powerful and the ABS is very subtle when activated.

Turning radius is poor (worse than the I30). Standard U-turns usually require 3-point maneuver.

Climate control has some difficulty cooling on a hot day around town. On freeway, it works perfectly and doesn't affect gas mileage.

Cupholders were an after-thought. Cannot hold anything more than medium drink WITHOUT a straw. Passenger's "clips" onto map pocket and sometimes falls out of car when passenger exits.

No glove compartment light! I have to turn on overhead light to see at night.

Car looks and feels very sport, solid, and safe.

My neighbors and friends can't stop complimenting me on this car.

Review Date: 19th June, 2001

1st Feb 2005, 09:12

My name is Raj Krishnasarma, and I am a College student with a 2001 Infiniti G20. I have had it since high school, and I haven't had any problems with it. It will be for 4 years in April since we have purchased our Infiniti. The G20 is good because it has both a sporty and a business look to it. I can't believe it's been 4 years, and people still ask me is that a new car Raj. Because I bought a titanium color and I try to wash it every two weeks, both the Interior and exterior. I wish the car was still on the Market, all it's really lacking is performance. The reason why some people won't buy a G20 because it's a Sentra, but I got a great deal on it. Before buying the car we looked at the 4 runner, Acura Integra and Camry. The Camry was overpriced and the 4 runner I wanted, but a car was something I was looking for. When we looked at the G20 my parents were very much impressed, and the looks and the handling was nice. So we bought it. I can't really ask for too much mostly this was my parents call, and I respect everything about what they have done. I can go on and on about it all day. Can't ask for a better car to drive.

Raj. Nashville TN.

3rd Apr 2005, 20:18

I bought my G20 in April of 2003 and love it. Prior to my G20 had an Altima SE, 5 speed and loved it, then I took the plunge and bought a new 2002 Nissan Maxima and fell in love with it. After having my Maxima for 3 months I was hit as a woman ran a red light and had about $14k in damamge... the car just never felt the same. The car was repaired and then had my headlights stolen (xenon)..what a mess. I then decided to go for a G20, bought it with 24K miles and I have about 78K now. The car is solid, sporty and yet very conservative. I love the handing and it's very, very economical... although I do wish there was more cup holders, I hear that was an after thought. My 2002 G20 is black/black with a spoiler, fog lights, the works... too bad they don't make them any more... I always get comments on it... great car for the price, especially when bought used. Go Infiniti!

Gabe

New Jersey.

31st Oct 2006, 13:47

My Name is Raj, I'm a college student with an Infiniti G20.

Haven't had any problems with it. It's an 2001, and have had it for 5 years now.

The G20 is both sporty and yet classy. All it's lacking is performance because of the Sentra engine.

The car looks brand new, and has been serviced regularly. I plan to keep this until it dies out on me. It has 67K miles, which isn't too much for a Japanese car.