1996 Infiniti I30 V6 from North America

Summary:

I love my baby, it definitely was all I wanted and more

I had to get new front calipers (less than $200), new tires within first year (about $250). Just recently I had to CV joints replaced that coast $220. Right rear window regulator needs to be replaced, window does not go up and down.

General Comments:

Although I had to get some things fixed it wasn't anything major or unexpected in a car of that age and wear. I had the car one week short of 3 years and I rode that thing like an SUV. I think it was a great car. It was my first and I purchased it myself. Between Phila, DC, and Miami city driving, plus long road trips I put this car to the test. With regular oil changes and tune ups this car proved to be able to handle everything. Since it's an Infiniti the parts are more expensive, but I rarely had to purchase anything besides mentioned above. Still drove smoother than others newer cars. Luxury at its most economical and logical.

Review Date: 17th January, 2008

1996 Infiniti I30 from North America

Summary:

Great, dependable car

Typical items: battery, tires, oil, alternator.

General Comments:

This is one of the best car I have ever owned. Very dependable and lucky to have purchased. Infiniti in my books is one of thebest mfg's in the market today.

The car has 144k miles and runs and starts like a newer car.

Review Date: 1st December, 2006

1996 Infiniti I30 touring from North America

Summary:

Excellent reliable luxurious sedan

Normal maintenance problems. Brakes, belts, tires.

Computer read fault code (check engine light) 150,000, nothing wrong with engine.

General Comments:

I've used it as a work car. 226k miles and counting. It has an excellent sound system (Bose). Same as my Mercedes. The seat adjustments are excellent. So many other features standard i. e cruise, sunroof, power moon roof, ect.

If you aren't into looks and you want an affordable car, I30 is for you. Nissan/Infiniti products typical of all Japanese products very dependable.

Review Date: 14th August, 2006

1996 Infiniti I30 3.0 from North America

Summary:

Great car - gonna upgrade to an M45 someday

Noisy lifter - knocks in the morning for a few minutes

Left front brake caliper had to be replaced

Dash lights flicker, but a "Fonz" hit to the dashboard fixes it for several weeks.

Rear windows both failed to roll up this year. Had to do some self-modification to the roll-up units.

General Comments:

Excellent car. Bought it at the end of the 3-yr lease and got a great deal. Looked at Mercedes-Benz, Lexus and BMW, but found the same features at a lower price. The Infinity name did not have much prestige at the time, but now, due to the success of the G35, still has a great resale value. I plan to keep the car until it the engine burns out.

Review Date: 26th November, 2005

1996 Infiniti I30 t V6 3.0L 190hp from North America

Nothing wrong at all, an excellent car.

General Comments:

Had to change from standard to a bit wider tires, got up to 6.3 seconds to 60mph.

Review Date: 14th February, 1999

19th Jun 2001, 15:21

How large are your tires now, email me at mattapple02@yahoo.com.

14th Aug 2006, 15:16

Both of my remote control fobs have died and the owner's manual does not give instructions on how to reprogram after changing the batteries. I took the car and the fobs to the dealer. They said the fobs had died and it would cost $151 each to replace them. Anyone got suggestions or know how to reprogram so I can verify this?

17th May 2007, 11:29

Try googling the remote programing. I got it for my Mom's 98' Pathfinder, I believe it's the same instructions for all Nissan/Infiniti's of that era. Also, get you remotes on E-Bay Motors. There are LOTS of them, many are new and much less than the dealer. Hope this helps!

8th Mar 2010, 23:32

Car is unreal 200,000 and still runs strong. Only problem is the check engine light comes on for no reason??? It gets erased, but there's nothing wrong.