1985 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas from North America - Comments

19th Apr 2009, 21:22

Where did you buy this car? Was it in Mass?

22nd Sep 2009, 10:53

I am going to Virginia Beach in the evening today to view a 1985 Jaguar XJ6 someone is selling. According to him, the car has 117K miles on it and runs perfect. So let's see about that. The car looks beautiful in the photos. It is white in color with tan interior.

A part of me is apprehensive about buying this car because, from what I have heard, if it needs repair that will cost an arm and a leg to fix.

Secondly, with the combination of gas prices and with this car having a 6-cylinder engine, it will do what 15 miles to the gallon? So that is another of my concerns.

If I end up buying this car, it will be my back-up vehicle as I already have a Nissan which is my daily driver. So this provides some comfort as I can fall back on the daily driver if something goes array with the Jaguar. Wish me luck.

6th Jan 2010, 17:53

I am about to buy a 1987 Jaguar Vanden Plas.. It looks like the guy took really good care of it, except the rope seal leaks, and I guess there is no way to change that without pulling the engine..

I love the look of this year (the Sovereign does not appeal to me at all)... I love the flowing lines, and I hope it will be a good second car..

I am getting it fairly cheap, and with the economy, I guess it's a good deal.. I will be writing more here, and would like to ask anyone who may know, how you can repair the rust under the front windshield in the corners... Will give any updates that I can, but I am sure I will be busy driving and restoring it.

CHEERS!!