2002 Jeep Cherokee Reviews

2002 Jeep Cherokee from North America

Year of manufacture2002

Ignition locked up now cannot shift to normal. can anyone help me?

Review Date: 17th October, 2003

31st May 2005, 11:46

My 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee is at my place of employ now. Locked steering column, can't move the gear shaft and key won't turn. Seems like Chrysler needs to recall, the car is just out of warranty at 37,000. Otherwise, this (our second jeep) has been great.

11th Jan 2011, 22:01

My 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee have bad gas mileage, and it seems like it has no power.

2002 Jeep Cherokee Sport Plus 2.5 CRD from Netherlands

Year of manufacture2002
Engine and transmission 2.5 CRD Manual
Previous carJeep Cherokee

Summary:

The new Cherokee, a big step in the right direction

No problems at all, just had the oil changed at 20.000 and 40.000 km and that is it.

So instead of seeing the dealer 3 to 4 times a year with all kind of problems (with my old Cherokee), I only see them every 9 months for an oil change.

General Comments:

After owning a 1998 Cherokee diesel, we bought the new Cherokee CRD.

The 2002 Cherokee is a totally different SUV compared to the 1998 model, it is a much smoother drive and the new engine is much more powerfulll.

Also the 2002 model is much bigger, you sit much higher and this gives you a better look on the road ahead.

The 2002 model drives in a straight line without any corrections and it corners much better.

To be honest, my wife never liked to drive the 1998 Cherokee, but she loves to drive the new one and so do I.

Review Date: 10th July, 2003

11th Jul 2003, 01:28

Hi, Rob here from Australia.

Yes the new Cherokee is a little beauty, I ordered one last week and can't wait to drive it home.