2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Reviews

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 hemi from North America

Most recent year of ownership2011
Engine and transmission 5.7 hemi Automatic
Previous carChevrolet C20

Summary:

Never again

Brake rotors warped just after 36K.

Trans cooler lines went just after 36K.

Electric window motor went bad at 20K.

Spark plugs need to be replaced at 30K; don't try this at home kids unless you want to lose a finger.

This is the 2nd Jeep I've owned new, and always have the same problems.

No more jeeps for me, no wonder people buy Hondas.

General Comments:

Very overpriced for what it is. Could have bought a German car instead.

Review Date: 7th February, 2011

28th Jun 2012, 22:48

That's too bad about all the things that have gone wrong with your Jeep, but I would strongly recommend not buying a German car. That has been the worst mistake I have made. I have spent about $7,000 repairing my BMW in about a year and a half. In that $7,000, I have been stranded 3 times and have required a tow twice.

The tow truck operators get to know BMW's quite well; they are no. 1. Second place goes to... you guessed it, VW/Audi.

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 3.0 CRD Mercedes V6 turbo diesel from UK and Ireland

Engine and transmission 3.0 CRD Mercedes V6 turbo diesel Semi-Automatic
Previous carFord Mondeo

Summary:

Excellent and practical; still fun 18 months on

None.

General Comments:

I chipped this Mercedes common rail turbo diesel 3.0 litre V6 engine (built in Berlin plant and shipped to Detroit Plant for fitting) from new.

Now 280BHP, 660nm torque. Awesome performance.

Averages 30mpg, 90% short runs 3 miles or less. Does more at motorway cruising. Driven hard on a long run never drops below 34mpg.

All this with the transmission in auto, rarely use tiptronic setting.

Bought originally to tow a 1.6 tonne Caravan. It does this with total ease, and drives quiet and very comfortable like a limo.

The Overland model has everything you could possible want, and I'm a gadget man. The only thing after 18 months of ownership would be an electrically heated front windscreen defroster as fitted to my previous Mondeo.

Overall it's the opposite of most 4x4's, as it is an excellent long distance tourer.

But don't take my word go test drive one for 24 hours, you will be impressed. All in all a very underrated car. After all what would I know about cars, I've only owned 48 cars from 1976.

Review Date: 13th January, 2009

6th Nov 2011, 19:58

I see this is quite old, but just purchased a used 2007 overland 3.0 CRD. Would like to know what chip was installed?

I like the MPG.

Thanks.. Marv in Oregon.

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7 Hemi from North America

Year of manufacture2006
Engine and transmission 5.7 Hemi Automatic
Previous carAcura TSX

Summary:

Overpriced junk

This car is rubbish. The remote start has never worked and Chrysler won't do anything to fix it other than install an after-market unit which is, in my opinion unacceptable. Avoid this brand at all cost.

Review Date: 6th September, 2007

18th Oct 2007, 17:30

Isolated case obviously! For some people, the first impression is the last. I agree that minor bugs can be annoying and tends to destroy objectivity. Perfection is my last concern, considering that the beast sports the stiffest construction of its category, the beefiest power-train, the AWD technology that most competitors clones. Above all, when behind the wheel, I can feel authenticity and heritage...

2nd Nov 2007, 23:59

Go to another dealer and let them fix it, don't let a little problem vex you so much. The Grand Cherokee is a great car and superior to most of what's on the road.

18th May 2008, 19:38

Wait, the car is junk because the remote starter, which has nothing to do with the design of the car, doesn't work? C'mon!! That is a ridiculous assessment of a vehicle. With that mentality, you better start riding a bike to work or you'll drive yourself crazy complaining about every detail. I think offering an aftermarket unit is perfectly acceptable since most of them are way better than the factory installed units anyhow.

7th Feb 2011, 20:54

How about the inferior brake rotors that warp. It's been a problem for years and Chrysler has done nothing to fix that problem even after the "bailout". I replaced my warped rotors with better aftermarket ones and Jeep said they can't "help" me since I didn't use Jeep parts. Why would I put on stock rotors that warp?

Owner of an 02 and 07 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 3.0 V6 CRD from UK and Ireland