2005 Jeep TJ SE 2.4 from North America

Summary:

Like new, and fun to drive

The Jeep was bought from a dealer and had just come off a lease. The brakes needed a rebuild for safety inspection at the dealers expense. I was told it was at a cost of $1700. I also got new Wrangler tires in the deal.

So far there has been no problems. I put a year old spiral grid battery in it from the van I traded in.

General Comments:

The six speed transmission works fine, but has taken a bit of time to get used to after driving a automatic for quite a few years. I find that the shift from 1st to 2nd is a bit slow, and likely a bit annoying for anyone behind me.

The engine has enough power for me since I don't do much freeway driving; mostly city and country roads. Four wheel drive works good.

I have both tops and the Jeep is in excellent shape, not a scratch, it had been leased by a lady driver. I might trade for an Unlimited in a couple years if I can get one offlease in similar shape.

I could use a bit more cargo space, but I am enjoying the TJ.

Review Date: 23rd January, 2010

2005 Jeep TJ Sport 4.0L from North America

Summary:

I love it (only in a Jeep)

I've had no problems thus far.

General Comments:

What can I say (it's a Jeep thing). This is my 3rd TJ Sport. I'm not really sure why I love them so much. They don't give the best ride or great gas mileage, but there is just something about a Jeep that makes it so fun to drive. A Jeep gives you the best of both worlds; a 4x4 in the winter and a convertible in the summer.

Review Date: 23rd December, 2007