1969 Jeep Wagoneer Super 327 5.3 from North America

Summary:

It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand

Well this is a 36 year old truck. I have replace almost everything imaginable under the hood besides the engine its self. I have gone through 3 water pumps, numerous fuel pumps, and a power steering pump. I'm getting ready to replace the starter, the last time it was replaced was back in 1977. The alternator finally died, it was 35 years old believe it or not. I change the oil ever 3000 miles regardless of anything. I have also replaced the transfer case chain.

General Comments:

I love these vehicals and I wouldn't want to ever drive another kind of vehicle . This Wagoneer preforms very well offroad. I bought it when I was 20 in 66 expensive, but worth it. I honestly can't believe it still runs as strong as it does without a motor re build.

Review Date: 23rd October, 2002

5th Feb 2005, 20:53

Wow. Over 300,000 miles!!! Holy cow. I would like to see a HUNDI suv go for 300k, or any new SUV. I really wish that Jeep would make the good ol' Wagoneer again just like they used to, with steel parts and heavy sheet metal.

6th Feb 2005, 00:46

Man who got your panties in a bunch? You really read need glasses because the first review was great.

4th Dec 2006, 16:17

I would like to piggy back on the last comment. If Mr. "it makes my skin crawl" can't understand that jeep people are a different sort than you are truly not one of us.

"It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand", and you seemingly don't.

Oh and by the way, the first comment WAS very well written. Thanks!

27th Jan 2007, 21:14

I had a Cherokee and loved it. Now I am interested in a 70's wagoneer or a 60's super wagoneer. any one what I can expect to pay depending on condition? Are any available (I imagine the super can be hard to find) Any one got one for sale?

28th May 2012, 10:52

As a lifelong Jeep enthusiast, can somebody please explain why do folks insist on repeating (or including) the asinine slogan - "It's a Jeep Thing yada yada yada.. " in their reviews?

It's just a slogan some advertising executive (who probably never even owned a Jeep) dreamed up, and personally, as a Jeep owner I think it is one of the worst slogans I've ever heard.

Jeeps are great vehicles, we don't need advertising slogans to make that point - although IMO this slogan is pointless.

I'm glad I don't read "Oh what a feeling" when I read a Toyota review or "See the USA" when I read a Chevrolet review.

Why is it some of these Jeep reviewers have to use that slogan in their review - it does nothing to improve the review - in fact it makes me feel like the writers bought their vehicles for "image", rather than for all of the practical reasons to purchase a Jeep.

BTW - I've owned 6 Jeeps, and intend to drive one as long as I can drive, but you'll never hear me repeating that pointless slogan.