2004 Kia Magentis Reviews - Page 2 of 2

2004 Kia Magentis LX 4 cylinder from North America

Year of manufacture2004
Engine and transmission 4 cylinder Automatic
Previous carHyundai Elantra

Summary:

Great car especially if you get a good used one!!

Nothing has gone wrong with this car at this point in time.

General Comments:

I looked at Honda Civics and Toyota Corollas and would have had to settle for the base model because of the price. I drove this car and instantly knew that this would be a good bargain and to this day I'm very very happy with the Magentis. It is nicer than my 2000 Hyundai Elantra in comfort and performance and I would definitely buy another Kia.

Review Date: 13th January, 2006

2004 Kia Magentis SE 2.5 from UK and Ireland

Model year2004
Year of manufacture2004
Previous carKia Magentis

Summary:

Very good value for money

Trim came off near gear shift, but dealer put this right within one minute.

General Comments:

The car is incredible value for money, excellent spec. good performance and mpg. The ride is also very comfortable. I first purchased a Magentis LX in Sept. 2002 and I was so pleased with it a gave this one to my partner in December 2004 and bought myself another one (SX) with a higher spec. The SX could do with having heated front seats as leather can be very cold on a winters morning. Neither cars have never let me down and the local dealer in Northampton is first class.

Review Date: 6th March, 2005

3rd Nov 2005, 04:33

A brilliant car I must add.

Though it doesn't seem to be the way in the united states with it.

2004 Kia Magentis EX-V6 V6, Gasoline from North America

Model year2004
Year of manufacture2003
Engine and transmission V6, Gasoline Automatic
Previous carFord Taurus

Summary:

Great car, but poor dealer support.

A few minor intermittent rattles (6-7 trips to the dealer).

A rear speaker blew (2 trips to the dealer).

The batteries in each of my key-fobs have failed once (warrantied quickly for free, one of the few things that dealership has actually managed to fix).

Dents easily; take care when closing trunk or 'bumping' doors shut.

Sometimes cranks longer than other when fuel level very low; dealer acknowledges the problem and has replaced a component, but can't figure out the problem (4 trips to the dealer).

Air bubbles in brake line caused strange ABS operation (3 trips to the dealer).

Once going up a hill for a split second the car lost all electrical power, then recovered smoothly (not taken to dealer since they are unable to diagnose intermittent problems).

General Comments:

This car is quick, stylish, smooth, quiet, and it handles well (if a little on the soft side).

I very much like the car, I think it's an excellent piece of machinery; there have been no notable problems in the 30,000 km that I've run this vehicle (50% city, 50% highway). It starts every time, it runs smoothly every time, is comfortable every time... It receives nothing, but praise from friends and co-workers who (prior to being given a ride) berated me for buying a Kia.

For my trips to the dealer (listed above), each trip to the dealer has included multiple issues for them to check out. I've been to the dealer a total of eight times in one-and-a-half years. The dealer who sold me the car tried to rip me off on a brake-job that the car did not need (they claimed that, at 12,000 km I had only 40% remaining on my brakes and that I would need a brake-job at 18,000 km; I confirmed that my brakes were OK at an independent mechanic; I have 80% of my pads remaining as of my most recent service), and proved incompetent at repairing any problems. Since then I've been using a different dealer, who has proven incompetent at repairing problems, but at least hasn't tried to scam me. I'm extremely displeased with my dealership experiences; it's the only part of my Kia ownership experience that holds me back from strongly recommending Kia vehicles to all my friends/family.

Yes, I would buy another Kia Magentis, but I wish the dealerships were better.

Some notes:

-The leather seats look and feel nice and are holding up quite well.

-The heated seats heat up slower than I would like.

-I wish the CD player had a "random" mode.

-I wish there was a little more headroom in the cabin.

-Friends still tell me my car smells new.

-One co-worker commented that a Mercedes would have better fit-and-finish in the cabin (I commented that it was far far far cheaper than a Mercedes, and not a "luxury" car).

Review Date: 22nd February, 2005