2008 Kia Rio 1.4 gasoline from Philippines

Summary:

With the relative convenience, efficiency and all the power features, the Rio-Kia is very affordable

None so far.

General Comments:

The Kia Rio runs stable at 150kph, and the engine is not noisy even at this speed.

The aircon can't provide enough coolness when the whole family is in the car and the sun shines brightly.

Review Date: 3rd October, 2009

2008 Kia Rio LX 1.4 from Australia and New Zealand

Summary:

Excellent value for money

Nothing.

General Comments:

I had a 1997 Hyundai Excel that I was using for work. It was difficult for me to drive long distance as I'm 6'4".

In the Rio I have heaps of leg room & head room.

I found the economy is good, but will improve as the Rio is broken in.

I found that the dealer was very helpful.

I bought a Rio LX green manual. I thought about the EX version, but decided against it as it really only gave me an arm rest, extra airbags & ABS brakes.

I had decided against the Rio, and maybe getting a Cerato or Hyundai i30, as the Rio has no cruise control option. The dealer advised me of an after market cruise that they can fit, which I did as well as tinting the windows. I found it works great; the car cruises at 60 - 100 kms easily. Better than the standard cruise control that my wife has on her Hyundai Elantra.

Overall very happy. Highly recommend anyone to buy a Rio or any Kia model.

Review Date: 8th January, 2009

21st Mar 2009, 19:17

If you like the 2008 so far, then why the unhappy face and why wouldn't you buy from the manufacturer again?

2008 Kia Rio LX 4 cylinder from North America

Summary:

Good car for people on a budget

Nothing.

General Comments:

I bought my Kia Rio in June of 2008. It is Gold in color.

So far, I've had nothing go wrong with the car. The windshield had to be replaced at 3,000 miles due to getting cracked with a stone on the highway, but other than that it's a good little car for the money.

Review Date: 7th December, 2008

2008 Kia Rio LX from North America

Summary:

Great for people on a tight budget, look no farther!

Nothing as of this writing.

General Comments:

I bought my New Kia Rio about a month ago to replace my 99 Civic. I was looking for a Chevy Aveo, but I could not find any in my area so I choose the Kia.

So far I don't have anything bad to say about it. I had an 04 Camry that was a rattle trap (last new car I bought), and by this time I had it back to the dealer a couple times, but so far no problems with this Kia Rio. I think I got a winner this time.

The seats are very comfortable, decent trunk size. The radio picks up radio station nicely. It's awesome that at 4$ a gallon gas that you can put 20$ in and it fills it up a good share of the way.

Only downfall I would say is that, trying to merge onto a busy freeway can be tricky for a second or 2, but other than that the car has ample power.

Review Date: 4th July, 2008