2010 Kia Sedona from North America
Too many electric system problems defeat any other benefits offered
The 2010 Kia Sedona is plagued by electric system and mechanical problems. In my five years of owning one, we have experienced:
- Problems with the sliding doors (becoming unresponsive).
- Door locks that either fail to operate or operate inconsistently when the weather is cold.
- Inability to start the vehicle in extremely cold weather.
- Back-up camera that intermittently fails for unknown reasons.
- Passenger seat that is jammed into place (not removable).
- Electronic key fob that dies and needs to be replaced (twice so far, and it is not the battery).
Our local Kia dealership has been unable to reproduce the problems on demand, and thus will not look at the vehicle under warranty. A third-party mechanical shop was able to reproduce some of the problems, but was unable to determine the cause or repair the problems.
I am extremely dissatisfied with the vehicle, and I will replace it as soon as my finances allow it.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? No
Review Date: 8th September, 2015