2010 Kia Sedona 3.8L from North America
Actually nothing so far. All systems are working good.
I bought this van few months back for $6K, with the odometer reading 127K. My initial observations of the issues were as follows:-
1. Ride was bumpy and the steering wheel used to pickup vibrations badly over 60MPH.
2. Engine sounds were very rough and loud on startup, and gradually used to smooth out and quiet (after about 30 minutes).
3. Transmission shift was rough.
4. Poor mileage, about 17 miles in the city (I used to get over 23 on my Dodge Grand Caravan).
Based on these observations, I did following which took care of all the issues :-
1. Got all 4 tires replaced (brand new).
2. Put in 10w-30w full synthetic oil & filter.
3. Drained and refilled transmission fluid.
About 2K miles after the above maintenance and all is OK. the van rides super smooth and quiet, the transmission shifts very smooth, and though city mileage has probably not improved so much, I measured a great improvement in highway mileage; I got about 28 on highway; exactly same as I used to get with my Dodge.
I am happy so far, but will return to this forum in future if any other issues surface.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 3rd June, 2017
7th Jul 2017, 17:28
The van has 132K miles on it now. Did a non stop 9 hour trip on it with family recently. Ran absolutely reliable and super smooth. I am loving it. My van is basic (not the luxury model, so the doors are manual and have lesser electrical automation) which I like because I think too much automation is unnecessary and causes maintenance issues eventually. Basic is simple and good.
Recently put a $150 full LCD double DIN audio video system in too. Installation was simple and I was able to do it on my own. Very happy with this van so far.
Have received three recalls:
a) Lower control arms.
b) Hood secondary security cable.
c) Evap canister.
Recalls are free, so I will be taking it to the dealer soon to get them addressed, however none of these seems to be an issue with my van so far.