2006 Kia Sorento Reviews

2006 Kia Sorento EX from North America

Previous carAcura 1.7 EL

Summary:

Excellent!

There was no problem at in 4 years, except it indicates a door is open when turning corners at outside temperatures below -20C.

General Comments:

Never owned Kia before, we tried it and loved it.

Service is quick and cheap.

I would recommend it to anyone.

Review Date: 8th April, 2010

2006 Kia Sorento LX from North America

Engine and transmission Don't Know
Most recent distance19000 miles
Previous carFord Windstar

Summary:

The best vehicle a single parent could get

The only problems I've had is there is a pull out arm rest in the back seat that has a piece of cloth that you use to pull it out, and that broke 1 week after I got the truck. Had it fixed at the dealership - they had to replace that whole section to fix it. It broke again about 3 months ago, and I haven't had the time to get it fixed again.

The other thing is a popping noise on the outside of the truck when I take off or go around corners. I took it to the dealership, and they said the running boards had to be adjusted, but they only cover that adjustment up until 12,000 miles, and it was at 17,000 so they wanted to charge me $45 to "adjust" the running boards. I told them no thanks.

General Comments:

I love everything about this truck, and would buy another one for sure!

Review Date: 23rd September, 2007

2006 Kia Sorento LX from North America

Previous carKia Sorento

This is my second KIA we have owned. Both were Sorentos. My first one was bought in 2003. We were totally happy with the performance and comfort of the 2003 Sorento.

However we did have problems with burned out lights... i.e. head lights, tail lights... we were constantly changing these bulbs out for some reason.

The second Sorento was bought just last year (2006)... So far we had no problems with this model. I am personally amazed with the quickness and agility of the Sorento.

Will I own another KIA? Definitely yes... in fact we have given some thought to buying an Amanti as a second vehicle.

Review Date: 15th July, 2007

2006 Kia Sorento EX 2.5 TDI from Turkey

Engine and transmission 2.5 TDI Automatic
Previous carNissan Pathfinder

Summary:

It's a great car and SUV to own

There are no problems or faults with the car so far.

General Comments:

The KIA is a scary move after Pathfinder. But there has been nothing wrong so far with it. Only the beige seats and the beige front console got a bit dirty. So get the gray interior if you will get one of these Sorentos. The squeks of the front chairs can get on my nerves sometimes. But I realised that it only does it when all the seats are emptly. Driving the car in mud, snow and on the field is cool.

Review Date: 30th March, 2007

2006 Kia Sorento LX 3.5 Liter V6 3.5 Liter V6 from North America

Engine and transmission 3.5 Liter V6 Automatic
Previous carFord station wagon - don't even want to know

Summary:

LX vehicle with many features

None.

General Comments:

Spent about 400 dollars in performance items, bought Secret R air intake, throttle body spacer and a metal piece that goes inside the tubing that creates a vortec (Not tornado). In all, I was getting about 20 to the gallon before, now with all the upgrades, I am ranging 24 to almost 27 a gallon. I also noticed an increase power and better throttle response. The annoying thing is I hear a whistle, swirling sound- mainly because of the throttle body Spacer that is creating a swirling wind motion. Though, when it comes to stepping on the gas pedal to the floor and having the upgrades, you have one nasty, angry, mad, furious, loud engine wanting to rip through anything.

Review Date: 15th February, 2007

19th Feb 2007, 13:14

Same thing, though I bought the K&N air intake kit instead. I am getting about 28 MPG with a flow master exhaust system that was also added. Thinking about getting a body throttle body spacer. Was it hard to install?

6th Mar 2007, 13:05

I find it hard to believe your getting 28 MPG for a SUV with a V6 engine. I put in a KN filter back in 06 of July, and I range 20 to 22 MPG.