2000 Lancia Kappa Review

First year of ownership2013
Most recent year of ownership2013
Engine and transmission 2.4 JTD turbo diesel Manual
Previous carAudi 80

Summary:

Luxury car for a Golf 3 price

1. First thing was the gear lever. I can't select gears normally, especially 5th gear, but after 3 days I started to understand how to change gears. After 3 months I decided to fix the problem; it cost me about 150 euro.

2. Central locking system doesn't work. But I fixed it; it cost me about 40 euro.

3. I had to change front and back springs; it cost me 200 euro.

4. Front brake discs; 70 euro.

5. Timing belt and another thing (I don't know what it's called in English, but it cost me about 100 euro).

General Comments:

First, what I need to say that is I have always liked Italian cars. I was looking for an Alfa Romeo 166 2.4 JTD, but I was low on budget (1000 euros). So I found a Lancia Kappa, and it was love at first sight.

Compared with my previous Audi, the Lancia is more comfortable to drive, especially on long trips. Don't mention fuel consumption. 56 MPG.

What I like is that the car doesn't make a noise when driving at high speed. For example, when I was driving with my Audi at speeds of 120 km/h or 140 km/h, my wife was scared and she yelled "Don't drive so fast, I'm scared!". But in the Kappa we don't have this problem.

Things I like.

1. Its looks.

2. Size (it does matter).

3. Engine (fast enough and economic).

4. Gadgets (electronic windows, computer).

5. It's rare (it sounds strange but like that and every time I see another Kappa I smile).

Maybe someone knows in where in the Baltics has Lancia Kappa meetings?

Review Date: 24th June, 2013