2007 Lexus GS Reviews

2007 Lexus GS 450h 3.5L V6 + Electric Motor from UK and Ireland

First year of ownership2010
Engine and transmission 3.5L V6 + Electric Motor Automatic
Previous carToyota Prius

Summary:

Fast but not that frugal

Rattles from dashboard and the 12v battery died.

General Comments:

This car has stunning performance, though when you hoof it, it takes a while for the petrol engine to start and provide you with the power you're requesting.

It feels like a heavy car and the ride is a little crashy. My dashboard has started to rattle, which is very annoying. Handling is good, but it is annoying that you have to retract the center arm rest and flick the suspension into sport and the engine into power mode when you want to press on - you have to take your eyes off the road when doing this! CVT transmission works well, but the option that looks like you can change gears manually isn't - it simply adjusts the force of the "engine braking" (actually the motor recharging the battery pack).

It has loads of toys, mine does without sat nav, but other than that it is well kitted out. However, they have raided the Toyota parts bin and it shares some common traits/parts with my previous Toyota Prius: column stalks are the same, touchscreen software is nearly the same, rear view mirror rattles with the bass from the stereo. Fuel filler cap is very cheap.

The boot is tiny, thanks to all those batteries!

Sound system is excellent - wonderful sound. However, there is no aux in so I have to use a tape adapter for my iPod!

Fuel economy is not that great, around 25 MPG in town, 32 on a run. Less than you would get from a 3 litre diesel, and I'm quite a careful driver! However, it's much faster than a diesel and silent when standing still. It is also exempt from London's congestion charge (though they are phasing this discount out).

Styling wise, I think the front looks fantastic, the rear less so. Alloys are good but starting to corrode.

Overall, this car doesn't bring a smile to your face like my previous e39 BMW 5 Series 525i. It is very fast, but lacks character.

Dealers are excellent and reasonably priced (if you shop around).

Overall, I'm going to sell mine soon because it just doesn't get under your skin as an excellent car can. I'm also concerned about the long-term longevity of the hybrid battery pack and potential replacement costs!

Review Date: 21st December, 2010

2007 Lexus GS 450h 3.4 V6 hybrid from Greece

First year of ownership2009
Engine and transmission 3.4 V6 hybrid Automatic
Previous carMercedes-Benz CLK

Summary:

Perfect

Nothing yet!!!

General Comments:

Very comfy... fast as a rocket and economical!!!

Review Date: 2nd August, 2010

2007 Lexus GS 350 AWD 3.5 from North America

First year of ownership2010
Most recent distance12000 miles
Previous carAcura TL

Summary:

Too many unfixable rattles, go M-Benz please

Three things are wrong with the car that will keep me from buying a Toyota... I mean Lexus.

1. Headlights are too weak or inefficiently focused.

2. Run flat tires are too harsh.

****3**** This car sounds awful over road imperfections and bumps. It rattles the doors and dash; that really is the one and most important issue.

I have driven a MB, and by far the best car out there; I understand the interior is not as nice as a Lexus, a little old man-ish (no offense), but the transmission, rock solid build, and engineering make up for it 10 fold.

General Comments:

Really nice interior, but too many door and dash rattles, go with a MBenz E class or such. No more Lexus for me, been to the dealer for the issues and no dice.

Review Date: 17th March, 2010

18th Mar 2010, 19:32

Since you're unhappy, may I have it?

17th Apr 2011, 22:58

You may have driven a Mercedes Benz, I have owned 3 of them simultaneously. They spent most of their times at the dealership getting something or the other fixed. My brother came down for a visit, and I took him for a ride on my ML350; the door locks were going up and down by themselves, he was baffled, I was embarrassed as I used to hate Japanese cars and he loved Lexus's. I used to joke and say the coffee is great at the Mercedes dealership so I don't mind spending time dropping my cars off.

It took him 3 years to convince me to get a Lexus. He loaned me his GS430 for a month as he was traveling abroad on business. I used it as all 3 of my Mercs were problematic. I drove the GS430. It was too quiet for me. However, it didn't give a single problem. I didn't waste my time dropping the car at the dealership. So I got rid of all 3 of my Mercs and got myself 2 Lexus's. A GS430 and an RX450H. It has been a couple of years, and I am glad to say I switched to Lexus, no time spent at the dealership apart from sending them for regular maintenance. I wish you all the luck with your MB's.