2003 Lexus IS 300 3.0 inline 6 cylinder from North America

Summary:

Fantastic, quick, sporty yet luxurious, compact yet roomy sedan

Having problems with the catalytic converter. This is most likely because of the previous owner though, who didn't really know what he was doing to the car. When I got it, everything from the trunk was gone, including the spare.

Otherwise, nothing is wrong with it. Fantastic car.

General Comments:

Fantastic ride. I own the dark cement grey color. Black leather and suede interior. 5 speed manual. Short shifter, which I bought it with. Since it's a manual, it's probably a little rougher than an automatic, but you still feel that you're driving a Lexus. Quiet smooth ride. Having a manual trans gives you even better MPG.

The inline 6 engine makes it a fun to drive, strong, quick car. The inline 6 engine is basically the engine from a Toyota Supra without the twin turbos.

Roomy car too, unless you are a 6 ft guy like me and trying to fit 5 people in the car. 3-4 ride comfortably.

Fantastic Lexus premium sound system comes stock. By far the best I've had that comes stock.

Review Date: 9th January, 2012

2003 Lexus IS 300 SportCross 3.0 from North America

Summary:

Not a Toyota... this is a Real-Yoda!

Absolutely nothing. No squeaks, no rattles, no repairs.

General Comments:

Great handling, impeccable reliability, comfortable. Still miss my Audi, but I couldn't afford the average $100/wk in repairs, NOT including the rental cars, during the last year (it was 5 years old when I traded it in and had 49,000 miles on it)

Review Date: 5th May, 2003

2003 Lexus IS 300 E-shift inline 6, 300 hp from North America

Summary:

So far so good..

So far there is noting wrong with the car since I have not drive much, but it should have come with CD control on the steering wheel. One of my biggest disappointment is from Lexus of Beverly Hill. This Dealer is so dishonest that they did not even bother to tell me that the key plate was missing until I actually read the manual. They did not even apologize. I felt cheated or maybe they think I am a girl and easy to push around. They even change the quote price & when I show up to the dealer and told me they quoted me w/leather ascine instead of full leather, but since I did not have much time to shop around I finally bought it.

General Comments:

Another thing, I expect to work with 1 salesman, but for some reason he was too busy for me. Now I look back I regret to buy the car from this dealer.

Review Date: 7th January, 2003