1995 Lexus SC 400 4.0 V8 from North America

Summary:

A true road machine!

SC400 the Supra improved!

The minute I saw this car, I knew I had to have it. I have been a long time Toyota fan - especially the Supra, but the SC400 is Supra redefined. Believe it or not this car was garaged for 7 years. It was owned by a soldier in Iraq and couldn't bear to have it sit in storage any longer. After a new battery and a set of Yokohama tires, all it needed was a thorough trans flush and service. I kid you not, This car looks, feels and drives likes new. It now has just under 72,000 miles and I beam from ear to ear. I did have it completely detailed inside and out. WOW! What a ride. Don't get me wrong I still have my Supra - I won't part with the long nose turbo. But the SC400 is the bomb.

General Comments:

I can't seem to find anything wrong with this car. Probably the only thing I would change is passenger cup holder.

It's just about perfect.

Review Date: 25th April, 2008

1995 Lexus SC 300 3.0 liter in line 6 from North America

Summary:

"You get what you pay for" (not in my case.)

This car has not given me any problems at all. I'm so happy with it. It already has "177,800.00" miles and it runs and feels better than any new car. It is amazing how they built this car. The only problem I'm having is; the CD changer sleeps sometimes while driving. If you just drive like a normal person and change the oil when you are supposed to, this car will last forever.

Review Date: 7th November, 2007

1995 Lexus SC 400 4.0 V8 from North America

Summary:

Best car, and best value I've ever owned

Power steering pump failed at 99k ($500- repair)

Passenger seat adjustment did not work when I bought it.

One headlamp leaks water.

General Comments:

This is a very enjoyable, super smooth ride. No expense was spared when these were built, hence a sticker price over $50k usd. However, at about $8k usd for a good used one, very good value.

Surprisingly good MPG (20-25), though manufacturer recommends premium fuel. However, I have used 89 octane even while running air conditioning, without issue. Otherwise, parts and service can be expensive, but repairs are infrequent. After-market mechanical and some body parts are not made for some reason, but used parts and some remanufactured parts are widely available.

These cars are known to run for 250k miles without missing a beat!

Very quiet, comfortable cabin. Powerful and very, very smooth power delivery. Transmission shifts like new. I put 18" wheels with low profile tires on mine, so it handles like a race car, but still soaks up bumps well.

Sound system is awesome; look for the optional trunk-mounted CD changer (the only other major options were traction control (useful), rims, and gold lettering).

I would challenge anyone to find a better used car for the money!

Review Date: 11th July, 2006

23rd Dec 2007, 18:50

I've had my 400 for about 10 years. I've put over 335,000 hard miles on it. Normal problems and it is wearing out, but like others I've found it's best a best friend and in all that time it has only broken down once on the highway.

1995 Lexus SC 400 from North America

Summary:

Love at first sight!!!

Nothing. I had to replace a crack tail light that the dealer reimbursed me after I found a new on on Ebay.

I also discovered that the 12 disk CD changer was missing so I found another one on Ebay for under 200 bucks. I also replaced the stereo head with a new one for under 50 bucks.

General Comments:

The seats were practically brand new when I got the car and the interior was mint clean. Only one owner was discovered after I ran a search on the car.

This car was a garage car and probably was used as a second car.

I also own a Acura Legend coupe LS. My legend has a much aggressive take off than the sc400 but for the smooth ride, SC400 is hands down the better ride. Having the honor to house both cars in my garage because they were, and still are, true classics, in my opinion, and what is being built now just doesn't cut it for me.

I'll be holding on to these fine classics from Japan for as long as I can drive them.

Peace-

Review Date: 9th November, 2005

6th Jul 2006, 20:04

I too have a 1992 SC400 with 145,000 miles (burg) with tan leather, and an Acura Legend 1994 LS Coupe (green) with tan leather. Both cars with factory chrome wheels.

I am in agreement with the gentleman listed here. Two of the best engineered Japanese vehicles that last a lifetime and are easy on the eyes. People always ask if I want to sell either of them when I am driving, and they give me a thumbs up all the time.

18th Sep 2006, 02:26

Wow, like I said then, and I say now; both the Lexus SC400 and Acura Legend Coupe Type II are my two dream machines. Every time I open my garage, people see my beauties from a far and sometimes I have to stop myself from gazing for too long, for it prevents me getting my yard work done around the house.

I'll continue to hold these cars until the wheels fall off.

7th Oct 2006, 10:38

Yes, well said. We too have a Honda Legend Coupe Gen II (3.2) and a Lexus SC400 (Japanese version with factory TV, sat nav, air suspension and touch screen). Two of the very best. Both are beautiful cars. The SC400 (250hp) has more go than the Legend (200hp) but both are a joy to drive. Also don't forget the original Legend coupe. You're right, they don't make them like they used to.

Praise the lord for these fine creations.

1995 Lexus SC 400 V8 from North America

Summary:

A true love affair,

Replaced the right rear wheel bearing during the first 200 miles.

Replaced the radiator after 1000 miles.

I've put one full set of tires and two sets of back tires sense I purchased it.

It needs a timing belt, drive shaft bearings and the right front wheel aligned. And new tires soon.

Auto antenna dosen't work.

The head lights take on water.

The transmission does not like to shift to second when I want it to.

General Comments:

I bought this car because It is the best luxury sports coup on the market for style, price and reliability.

I drive this car very hard every day and just put gas in it.

It's the best handling I've ever driven for the comfort and style.

The interior is roomy enough for four if needed and small enough to reach anywhere from the drivers seat.

Trunk space is ample for tools and luggage.

I've put this car in some bad situations on the back roads and it's done exactly as I asked with out looking back.

At 152,000 miles, it hasn't started to mature yet. The suspension is tight. The door hinges are tight. There are no creeks, rattles or squeaks in the body or interior.

The repairs needed are routine maintenance and are small compared to the value and pleasure of driving this car.

Review Date: 26th August, 2004