1992 Lincoln Continental Reviews

1992 Lincoln Continental Executive 3.8 from North America

Model year1992
Year of manufacture1992
Previous carPontiac Bonneville

Summary:

One of the best cars I have ever owned, hands down!!

I bought this car for $1500.00 as is. It already had the air shocks removed, and it was replaced by struts and shocks when I bought it. I had to replace a sensor in the tranny, because is would not shift into over drive for about $800.00 including labor, I had a sensor in the motor go bad that made it not start (had something to do with temperature) that was $500.00 including labor, and I had to replace the whole front end pretty much (tie rods, control arms...etc), but I think the dealer I took it too screwed me a little at $1600.00!! I don't think it needed half the stuff they said it did. And normal wear and tear repairs on the car. The A. C don't work, the windows are slow, and the heater motor only blows on high, but I don't care about that stuff.

General Comments:

After all the repairs, the car is great for what I have into the car, I think it is still worth every penny. It rides awesome, it gets pretty decent gas mileage (for the way I drive), it's very compfortable, and for 140 horsepower it pulls its weight pretty darn good!!

Review Date: 28th October, 2008

15th Jan 2009, 18:22

The heater works fine, I live in western NY, I don't need A.C.

15th Apr 2009, 08:20

Old cars are cheaper to own and run, but you MUST compare apples to apples. Sure he could buy a new Chevy Aveo, and maybe even be money ahead, but compared to a modern car of the same class (Lincoln, Caddy, etc) he is WAY ahead.

31st May 2011, 18:26

We just lucked out and bought an estate 1992 Cont. for ouch 8500.00. It has 34000 km on it and is mint. I would rather pay the money for a real car then 40000.00 for a plastic one. We love it. They don't make them like this anymore.

1992 Lincoln Continental Executive Series 3.8L V6 from North America

Model year1992
Year of manufacture1992
Engine and transmission 3.8L V6 Automatic
Previous carPontiac Grand Prix

Summary:

Overall it is a good looking luxurious car with more amenities than most of the Caddys I've owned

I bought the car for $250 after it had been sitting in a yard for 3 years. It needed 2 tires, brakes/rotors, a steel brake line, a rubber trans cooler line, and a battery to get it on the road.

The blinkers/windows/mirrors switches all needed a workout to get them working properly:)

The Cartier trunk switch was bad, replaced it cheap $20.

The VSS went bad. This is common but it was a real problem as it controls the speedometer/odometer, as well as the power steering pressure, the cruise control, the air ride, and the transmission. $20 part, 1 hour install.

The A/C is dead, haven't checked it out yet.

The front windows were slow, sprayed silicone spray in the felt tracks, work like new :)

The ABS light occasionally comes on for no reason.

The clear coat is peeling from the trunk, roof, and hood.

General Comments:

This car rides like a cushioned dream.

I like the auto dimming lights and all of the power and non power accessories.

The car has good power, but the trans is a little soft for my driving style.

Review Date: 22nd April, 2008

15th Apr 2009, 13:03

Sounds like you are having good luck. I am in the same situation. A friend of mine has a 91 in his backyard, been sitting a few years and he is just going to give it to me to get rid of it. Since I am getting the car for free, I am willing to put some bucks into it to get it up and going again. Glad to hear yours is alive and well!