2005 Lincoln LS Reviews

Year of manufacture2004
Distance when acquired20000 miles
Previous carNissan Altima

Summary:

Being a union man, I now know why people are buying foreign!!!

The car makes a terrible rattling noise when started, after sitting for a few hours.

Coils have gone bad.

AC blows hot air on the driver's side.

If I hit another window button while the front windows are rolling up, it'll stop.

General Comments:

It's a great looking car.

Handles great. Rides smooth.

Semi comfortable.

Review Date: 10th July, 2010

11th Jul 2010, 14:56

The Lincoln LS is a beautiful car, but I hear of many problems. A Town Car may be a good option to buy American and still have a reliable car, since it is an older design that has proved itself well over the years.

30th Sep 2010, 19:21

For the original poster, hitting another window button while one it going up is normal for it to stop, they all do that.

It is to make sure nothing catches in the window, in case you panic and want to lower it quickly.

2005 Lincoln LS V8 from North America

Engine and transmission V8 Automatic
Previous carFord Taurus

Summary:

This car rocks!!

Fuel filter replaced at 32,000.

Right rear window lifter.

General Comments:

This is the second LS I have owned (the first being an '02) and I absolutely love it!!

It shifts like butter, has more juice than I need, and looks... well... we all know about the looks.

I'm currently shopping for Lambo doors, and I can't wait!!

Review Date: 10th February, 2010

2005 Lincoln LS V8 from North America

Engine and transmission V8 Automatic
Previous carLincoln LS

This is the second time that my Lincoln LS V8 2005 has had problems with the lug nuts and the studs. The first time, I had a flat tire and the roadside assistance technician had difficulty removing the lug nuts and actually broke off three of the studs. I was 50 miles from home and even further from the dealership that my car usually gets serviced. Luckily the vehicle was still under warranty, and the dealership paid for the extra miles to get the vehicle to their location.

Today I bought new tires and during the install, the technician was unable to remove one of the wheels. Turns out that two of the studs were spinning when they tried to remove the lug nuts. I brought it back to the dealership and they will have to remove the wheel by getting to the back of the wheel to get those lug nuts off. The car is no longer under warranty and the job will cost ~$390. I am hoping that this does not become a common problem every time I need a tire rotation.

General Comments:

I really love this car...looks, performance, comfort. I am just wary about the future expenses for repairs given the problems that others have documented in these reviews.

Review Date: 21st August, 2008

21st Aug 2008, 08:35

Sounds like the person who changed your tires before didn't adequately put the rim/wheel on. Probably going to a more reputable mechanic would solve your problem.

Previous carFord F350

Summary:

It was my dream car, however, I don't think that it has been worth it

I have owned my 2005 LS for two years. It has usually, but rarely run correctly.

I have had to have the rack and pinion, ring and pinion, the power steering pump, and FIVE of my six engine cylinder coils replaced.

I've had one transmission leak and two oil leaks.

The driver's headrest, ashtray, and door locks have also had to be repaired.

This afternoon, it has started blowing hot air only. I think that the thermostat is either stuck, or I have bigger problems now...

General Comments:

I am severely disappointed in this car. I understand now why Lincoln discontinued the LS model.

Review Date: 28th March, 2008

11th Sep 2010, 21:34

We have a 2005 LS Lincon.

I have been a dissatisfied customer ever since I drove it out of the lot. So far this car has had to have coil packs, advance track light blinking on and off like a tornado light, all new brakes, and a 3 way air conditioning valve replaced, "the oil change required" light will not go off, probably a green wire in one of the 3 power boxes it has. Let's not forget the 650.00 high intensity headlight.

I will sell, trade, burn, or scrap. Anyway this little ordeal has cost me so far 3500.00.

Year of manufacture2004
Previous carNissan Altima

Summary:

Could have been better..

The ABS is faulty and has been in for repair multiple times. The ABS will kick in when making slow stops no matter what the road conditions. Service department can never "duplicate" problem. The ABS light will come on and go off at random times, even on the driest of pavements.

The car is starting to make creaking noises when I go over bumps and turn the steering wheel. Noise comes from the driver's side. That should be the next surprise on my list.

The A/C and heat smells horrible on the car. The dealer suggested to replace the cabin filter on the car. It did not fix or help the problem. In for service for this issue, and the service dept. manager told me it was due to moisture? Told me there was no way to fix it. It is truly embarrassing for a car so beautiful to smell so horrible.

General Comments:

The car cabin is quiet and the ride is smooth. Other than that, the car has some issues that should have been worked out before it ever hit the production lines.

Review Date: 5th September, 2007

9th Jan 2008, 14:56

It is most likely mold growth after the drainage hose got clogged. Do a google search on getting rid of AC odors. There are plenty hits.

27th Aug 2008, 21:35

I own a 2004 Lincoln LS. The air conditioner went out this summer and it took over a month and a half to get it repaired. The local Ford dealership used all of their master technicians to no avail. The problem was finally repaired when someone came from the Ford main headquarter. As of now, I have paid out a little over 650.00. This is not the end of my story, the brakes are now malfunctioning. My first and last Lincoln.