2004 Lotus Elise 111s 1.8 from UK and Ireland

Probably the most fun in the world!

The compact disc stereo didn't work properly when first purchased.

Leaky soft top roof.

General Comments:

As a female I was concerned about the driving position and power of the car.

However I absolutely love it and have adjusted to it really well.

I know its early days, but the elise is a fantastic car, very quick and the handling round corners is superb.

It is also incredibly comfortable.

Review Date: 9th May, 2004

14th Dec 2004, 03:40

I have wanted an Elise since its inception in 1996 however I am only now in a position to buy one. The only concern, brought up by my wife, is the "getting in and out". She likes to wear skirts and I would be interested to have the views of a female owner.

10th Jun 2005, 10:27

I don't understand why anyone would want to wear a skirt anyway. It looks so dang uncomfy.

I've been in the Elise. It's not too hard to get in, you just need to bend down a lot. Once you're in, you feel nice and snug and supported. I remember getting out was a bit more difficult, partly because the vehicle is such a pleasure to drive.

Saying this might be unnecessary, but the Toyota Celica engine it uses could have a bit more low-end torque. But this is only a minor complaint. The car is amazing, beautiful, oh... Watch those revs. The steering is ridiculously responsive. A slight movement of the steering wheel will cause you to change lanes.

4th Jul 2005, 05:57

I recently drove these under profesional instruction at castle combe and they were a brilliant car to drive, fast enough, very responsive and held the track!!

I found though that as-well as the hassle getting in and out, the car just isn't comfortable at all, there is no way I could own one of these for every day use, i understand that these track cars may be different to the road versions.

If you have enough money to have one as a second car then definitely get one!!