1996 Mazda B2300 SE 2.3L from North America

Summary:

When I first saw this truck in a used car parking lot, I fell in love with it immediately

Had to replace timing belt and water pump. A couple of teeth were broken on the belt, so it would hesitate occasionally, so replacement was necessary.

General Comments:

Love this little truck. Someone actually hit the truck head on and totaled the vehicle, but I had an auto body shop fix it because so many new parts were put on it before I purchased it, and I know that this truck will last a long time.

Review Date: 4th January, 2019

1996 Mazda B2300 SE 2.3 from North America

Summary:

The best truck nobody knows about!!!

I've had my truck for 6 years. I've had to change the clutch and master cylinder twice, and PCV valve and change the oil and routine things. That's all.

General Comments:

This truck has been the best investment I've ever made in my life. It is my life. It's so dependable and never gives me problems. When I'm ready to go, it's ready to ride. I have 24"rims on it and my entire bed of my truck is one big speaker box. It carries me from point A all the way to Z with little gas and with a smile.

My truck is getting old and I feel like I owe it so much cos at times I would push it so hard... expecting and anticipating it to break, but it has NO limits at all. 125,000 miles later and it's rolling like the day I bought it.

They don't make vehicles like this anymore, cos if they did nobody would buy a new car.

I'm writing this because I owe my truck a lot and this is a token of my appreciation... Lil BiG truck.

Review Date: 13th August, 2016

1996 Mazda B2300 Cab Plus 2.3 from North America

Summary:

Best driving vehicle I have owned

New timing belt, replaced coil, spark plugs, changed oil, air filter, fuel filter.

General Comments:

Great transportation.

Reliable, functional, comfortable, good gas mileage, sturdy.

Review Date: 5th May, 2016

1996 Mazda B2300 SE 2.3L 4 cylinder 2WD from North America

Summary:

Gutless but EXTREMELY reliable

Dash lights have burnt out and are nearly non-existent.

The door ajar switch always thinks the door is open.

The rear ABS doesn't work. Changed the rear brakes myself, and they no longer lock up like they used to.

General Comments:

This is the cheapest vehicle I have ever bought, and it is one of the MOST reliable. I purchased it for $1,000 four and half years ago, and the only thing I've had to do is put a clutch in, which I kind of expected when I bought it.

Other than that, I have taken numerous trips to the mountains, and loaded the thing down so much that the rear mud flaps drag.

GUTLESS but stinkin' RELIABLE!!! I've put almost 40,000 miles on it just around town and with trips to the cabin, and it just won't stop. Runs like the day I bought it.

I have nothing but great things to say about this little pickup. It fits my body well and the seats are more fitting and comfortable than my Mercury Marquis, which is designed to be a plush ride.

I wonder how long it will last. I'm not getting rid of it until it dies! Love my Mazda pickup, I would definitely buy another Ranger and/or Mazda pickup. So handy to move little things due to the low bed.

Review Date: 24th January, 2014

13th Aug 2015, 02:52

I had the problem with the door ajar switch. Sprayed a little WD40 on the switch on the door and the problem was fixed.

1996 Mazda B2300 2.3 from North America

Summary:

Not going to stop driving it till it totally dies

I replaced the timing belt at about 180,000. It started cracking and I didn't want it to break on me.

I replaced the water pump, since I was already there changing the timing belt.

General Comments:

I have done nothing to this truck besides the normal oil and filter every single 3000 miles (Castrol 10-30) and Motor Craft oil filter, spark plugs, wires, air filter, brakes, changing antifreeze, belts, and a few batteries and tires.

Very reliable.

There's at least one dent and scratch in every fender of the truck. People look at it like it's a POC... But I know it's paid for itself a number of times. And I know how many miles are on it.

Review Date: 8th December, 2012