1996 Mazda B2300 SE 2.3L 4 cylinder 2WD from North America

Summary:

Gutless but EXTREMELY reliable

Dash lights have burnt out and are nearly non-existent.

The door ajar switch always thinks the door is open.

The rear ABS doesn't work. Changed the rear brakes myself, and they no longer lock up like they used to.

General Comments:

This is the cheapest vehicle I have ever bought, and it is one of the MOST reliable. I purchased it for $1,000 four and half years ago, and the only thing I've had to do is put a clutch in, which I kind of expected when I bought it.

Other than that, I have taken numerous trips to the mountains, and loaded the thing down so much that the rear mud flaps drag.

GUTLESS but stinkin' RELIABLE!!! I've put almost 40,000 miles on it just around town and with trips to the cabin, and it just won't stop. Runs like the day I bought it.

I have nothing but great things to say about this little pickup. It fits my body well and the seats are more fitting and comfortable than my Mercury Marquis, which is designed to be a plush ride.

I wonder how long it will last. I'm not getting rid of it until it dies! Love my Mazda pickup, I would definitely buy another Ranger and/or Mazda pickup. So handy to move little things due to the low bed.

Review Date: 24th January, 2014

13th Aug 2015, 02:52

I had the problem with the door ajar switch. Sprayed a little WD40 on the switch on the door and the problem was fixed.

1996 Mazda B2300 2.3 from North America

Summary:

Not going to stop driving it till it totally dies

I replaced the timing belt at about 180,000. It started cracking and I didn't want it to break on me.

I replaced the water pump, since I was already there changing the timing belt.

General Comments:

I have done nothing to this truck besides the normal oil and filter every single 3000 miles (Castrol 10-30) and Motor Craft oil filter, spark plugs, wires, air filter, brakes, changing antifreeze, belts, and a few batteries and tires.

Very reliable.

There's at least one dent and scratch in every fender of the truck. People look at it like it's a POC... But I know it's paid for itself a number of times. And I know how many miles are on it.

Review Date: 8th December, 2012

1996 Mazda B2300 SE 2.3 from North America

Summary:

Awesome!

Absolutely NOTHING mechanical... I did have to replace the driver side seat belt buckle.

General Comments:

Tougher than nails... dependable... just won't quit!

Review Date: 2nd March, 2010

1996 Mazda B2300 SL 4 cylinder from North America

Summary:

My truck is always dependable and happy

Check engine light kept coming on. The dealer did not know what to do. Finally I put more miles on the truck and the check engine light did not come on any more.

The gas mileage is awesome. About 29 miles per gallon on the highway.

Love my truck. Now it still runs like new. Just put new tires on it and new brakes. Like new.

Love my 1996 Mazda B2300 truck.

General Comments:

Still handles like new.

Review Date: 15th January, 2010

1996 Mazda B2300 2.3 from North America

Summary:

The most useful vehicle I've owned

The headliner is wearing poorly.

I've just had to replace the clutch.

General Comments:

I love my truck, and even though I'm looking for a new car, I don't intend to give it up. It's too useful.

I do have to add ballast into the back for the odd ice day, but, other than that, the handling is fine.

This has been the best and cheapest car I've ever had.

Review Date: 26th December, 2008

1996 Mazda B2300 Extended Cab 2.3 from North America

Summary:

I wouldn't trade my Mazda for anything, well maybe convertible Beemer

My Mazda finally died for the first time the other day. I think it is the alternator, but I am still in the process of figuring that out.

Very little power.

General Comments:

Until recently, I have never had a problem with my Mazda, other than routine maintenance issues. I have put over 100k miles on it and plan to hopefully put another 100k on it.

It has been a real workhorse. What it lacks in power, it certainly makes up for with reliability.

Review Date: 28th July, 2007