Things that have gone wrong:
1. At 33 miles - Front passenger door did not open - dealer replaced motor unit
2. At 40 miles - Engine shakes and seems to almost stall when in a stop condition
- have taken to the dealer 6 times to no avail. Dealer has replaced the fuel filter system twice stating that the filter was leaking explaining that this part is extremely unreliable. The computer system was also replaced. The dealer explained that an incorrect computer system was installed at the factory. Adding to the problems, the code for the system took a week to obtain and when received was the wrong code (dealer explained that this code comes from Germany). Result- the engine still shakes in a stop condition.
3. At 50 miles - the window trim paint peeled off - dealer replaced all trim. They explained that this was a frequent problem with the ML's.
4. At 1800 miles - the home link system failed. The dealer replaced the unit however the problem now seems to occur periodically.
5. At 33 miles - noticed chips in the paint on the side doors. Assume that chips occurred when parked at the dealership lot. Dealer refused to correct stating that it is impossible to fix the small paint chips.