2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Review

Model year2008
Year of manufacture2007
Engine and transmission 4.6L V8 Automatic
Previous carFord Crown Victoria

Summary:

The Grand Marquis is one of the best vehicles!

Absolutely nothing!

General Comments:

I absolutely love this car, I owned 3 Crown Victoria's before this. Never had any major problems with them. I was sad I couldn't get a Crown Victoria anymore. But I do love my 08 Grand Marquis.

I got it fully loaded as it will probably be my last car. It has leather, heated seats, 6 disc CD changer, power moonroof, and chrome rims. I got a good deal on it also, after rebates, and before taxes it was 26,700.

A couple of things I love about this car are the room and comfort, it is one of the last cars still made with a bench seat. I can't drive cars with bucket seats, they hurt my legs extremely badly.

I also get extremely good gas mileage, on my last three road trips, I averaged between 27.5-28.6 mpg, which didn't surprise me, because my previous Crown Victoria's got the same gas mileage.

I don't agree with the other reviews about how the car is so outdated. Not everyone wants a sports car. I am in my 80's, I want a comfortable, full size, rear wheel drive V-8 sedan. This is the only car still on the market that offers all of that. Also in the 2 and half years that I have had the car, I haven't had to replace anything.

Review Date: 4th February, 2010

5th Feb 2010, 18:06

It is true that these cars are very outdated. They haven't had a major re-style since 1998 and most of their under pinnings are from the '79 model. However, it would be nice to see a more modern car offered from Ford and GM offering full-size with classic Detroit styling, plenty of power (I have a Buick with V6 which is very sufficient and gets better fuel mileage than Ford's big cars) split front bench seat, and column mounted shifter. I would like to think there is still a market out there for cars like this if marketed properly by marks like Buick, Cadillac, Lincoln, and Mercury. However, I am sadly fairly certain they would not be profitable. The auto industry has turned an unfortunate corner.

Average review marks: 10.0 / 10, based on 1 review