1975 MG B Reviews

Year of manufacture1975
First year of ownership1989
Engine and transmission Manual
Previous carDodge D150

Summary:

Great fun for the price

This car was bought and restored by my father. He bought it for $400 dollars. It sat in a field in Western Pennsylvania for many years with the top missing. The floors were rusted through, the interior was shot and many sections of the body needed replaced, but the engine ran, so we got it looking presentable again.

The car never left me stranded. Strangely enough, it was the most reliable car we ever had as a family. Every other car was a domestic GM model and would always break down.

General Comments:

An MGB is not going to drive like a Lexus. You will feel every bump, it will make strange noises, and they are not known for their breakneck speed. However, I drove this car while I was in High School and I couldn't think of a better car to have.

It's scary how well this car takes corners.

When I have a garage I will find a nice MGB to drive on sunny days.

Review Date: 11th March, 2008

1975 MG B Roadster 1.8 from Australia and New Zealand

Year of manufacture1975
First year of ownership1983
Most recent distance232000 miles

Summary:

The classic convertible of the 20th century

Rust has been the MG B's downfall, after ownership in Scotland the car has rusted from the inside out - 3 times!

Overdrive has had some issues, but never been replaced.

The engine has been rebuilt twice, but then infrequent oil changes don't help.

General Comments:

I still love my MG, and no doubt will keep it for the rest of my days. How can you sell a car that you have had for 21 years!

It drives well especially with the added anti roll bars front and rear.

The looks are classic, and one day I will transplant a Rover 3.5 V8 into that engine bay.

Originally blue with a brown interior, it has been red with a black interior for 18 of the years I have owned it, and when I win the lottery, I will have it restored to its full original glory.

At 6 foot 3 I have ample room, unlike the 1972 Corvette I owned, which I could barely fit in.

I have only rated the comfort rating down, because it hasn't got air conditioning, which living in Perth Western Australia, can be a bit of an issue! Especially when like today it is 39 degrees.

Review Date: 12th February, 2004