1967 MG Midget Review

Year of manufacture1967
First year of ownership1967
Most recent year of ownership1973
Engine and transmission 1.3 Liter Don't Know

Summary:

There are not words vulgar enough to truly express my opinion of this car

Without a doubt the most unreliable car anyone in my family has ever owned. Purchased new, within 35,000 miles it had cost more in repairs than it did to purchase.

General Comments:

The best thing I can say about this car is that it is so lightweight, a small child could push it when it broke down. I know this for a fact because I was a small child when my father owned it.

Review Date: 4th June, 2005

6th Jun 2005, 08:37

A British car built in the '60's unreliable?

Imagine that...

5th May 2006, 20:29

Sorry to hear it. My '68 gets driven 70 miles a day for my commute, and I just finished an 1100 mile road trip with no problems.

6th May 2006, 10:18

I don't understand the review. Is the poster reviewing the car as it was in 1967 or as it is today? Makes no sense.

31st May 2006, 15:08

I don't understand the review either, I would like one of these little cars and after all they are a classic car now, and have far more character than the modern metal boxes with a wheel at each corner.

28th May 2008, 21:19

I have a 67 Midget - it runs great and works well in this age of high gas prices; it is a lot easier to fill up a 7 gallon tank after driving it all week... Bought it for $2500.00 and invested another $3000.00 - besides it is a fun ride!

3rd Jun 2008, 16:16

I have owned my 1967 Midget since high school... It's been about 23 years now... Except for when I took it apart 5 years ago for a total show car restoration job, the car had never seen a tow truck. It has honestly been one of the most reliable and fun cars I have ever owned. It is for these reasons that I can forgive a few drops of oil on the garage floor...

Average review marks: 1.3 / 10, based on 1 review