1998 Mitsubishi Montero LS 3.0 V6 from North America

The 12 year-old battery finally gave out. That is the ONLY thing that has gone wrong with the car.

General Comments:

This car is amazing!!! The 4wd is awesome and I have taken this suv through mud and stuff where big 4x4's haven't gotten stuck and it went through it flawlessly!!!

I bought it in Colorado and drove it back to Oklahoma. Very amazing car and looks great. I have the Glacier white on silver fender flares with 245/75/15 Uniroyal Liberator A/T's. They are also very very good tires. It is also equipped with the tripod gauge cluster on the dash which is freak-in awesome!!! The cabin is great although the engine could use some more horsepower!!!

Review Date: 13th April, 2008

1998 Mitsubishi Montero 3.6 from North America

I've replaced the brakes and rotors twice.

Replaced the rear Axle.

The Sunroof leaks.

Replaced driver door speaker and passenger rear speaker.

Driver seat is starting to wear and I make a point of stepping on the running board when getting in.

I had a rattle behind the glove box, dealer took the entire dash out to fix it, it still rattles.

Replaced the starter my self, had to go buy a special wrench.

Horn currently does not work.

Don't even think about doing your own repairs, I bought some plugs and was going to give it a tune up, opened the hood and found that I could not even get to 4 of the plugs, because of a lot of plumbing sitting on top of the motor. I have no clue what it all does, so I waited for a tune up sale and took it to the dealer.

I live in San Diego and I have a dealer around the corner, but I go to a dealer 40 miles away, because all the one's near me truly suck.

I could write a lot more, but I'm getting depressed.

General Comments:

I had a 92 SR, loved it. Put 130,000 miles on it in 3 years, the only maintenance done was oil changes, tune ups, a timing belt at 80,000, and new rubber at 70,000, and I replaced the brakes and had the rotors turned once. Then I ran across my 98 with low miles so I thought I would trade up because of the stronger motor. The worst mistake of my life. I rarely drive it, because I can't afford to keep getting it fixed. I think they cheapened it up with the 98 model. If you plan on getting one, pick a 92 thru 97, the one that looks like a land cruiser, they simply do not break.

Review Date: 2nd May, 2003

1998 Mitsubishi Montero LS 6 cylinder. from North America

Does not hold it's value

Alternator quit with 55,000 miles on it. 550 to fix because of location of alternator. Tires wear down very fast.

General Comments:

The value of the truck is very low when trying to trade it in. I bought the truck for 29,000. Trade in value is 11,000. Thanks to National Car rental. National Car Rentals buy these trucks - rent them out - then sell them cheap to the public. Mitsubishi car / truck values do not hold. This is my last Mitsubishi because of this.

Review Date: 13th December, 2002