Just had to make one more comment on your review.
The 3.0 liter engine that you list as being in your truck has not been available since 1996.Maybe that is why it does not have enough power for you.
I guarantee you, that you will love this vehicle, if you try any other SUV in its class and same vintage other than that of TOYOTA, HONDA, ISUZU, MERCEDES BENZ and Land Rover (Defender/County).
Although I have to agree with you that it is Unfortunate that some dealers in some areas of the US are less than satisfactory. However it is not entirely the fault of the Manufacturer. I think if Mitsubishi is to remain competitive, they have to screen the dealer performance of services a little better than they have in the past. So;
1. Try another independent service shop of all foreign vehicles or a dealer in another city.
2. try understanding how a real SUV system works i.e. transfer case, gear ratios, differential, handling
3. Check you air pressure; try a better set of tires that match your requirements and terrain.
4. All SUV's are built differently to sedans, coups, and sports cars. (regard advertising that tell you otherwise with a grain of Salt)
5. if you dont like the handling of a SUV you may consider a Mini Van
6. By the way hardly any SUV at 70 MPH does well on Gas try 50-60 MPH range.
7. Some even recommend a properly matched and installed turbo that delivers a little lower RPM power.