1992 Nissan 300ZX Reviews

First year of ownership2009
Engine and transmission 3.0L twin turbo Manual
Most recent distance92000 kilometres
Previous carMitsubishi 3000GT

Summary:

Fun fun fun!

Nothing went wrong with the car when I had it. But I put it in storage for the winter, and I lost my license during the winter for 7 months, so after the snow melted, I decided to sell it. It was also not being driven before I bought it, because the dealer had it sitting for a long time. MINT condition though.

General Comments:

So much fun! LOVE THE T-TOP! Out of all the Japanese turbos I have driven.. This car keeps a smile on your face ALL the time. To be driven hard, it takes the most skill by far! Very quick car as well.. no lag either, and it pulls very hard in every gear! (same as most JDM super cars)

I really wish I could have kept this car, but I lost my license so it had to go (street racing). No point keeping it sitting in my driveway for 7 more months, after it was just sitting for about 5.

I had an exhaust, intake, 2 BOVS, turbo timer Etc. With 5 after market defi gauges! Veilside kit on it as well! Very flashy car!

It really loved to kick the tail out and spin the tires! With a body kit on the car, it looks like a LAMBO! Great car, great fun! Gas mileage is not the best, but meh! It's a sports car!! It's not even close to as bad as a truck though! :) So be thankful! I won't be biased and recommend this car over another, because they are all great and have different "goodies" about them.

I will say this was the most fun to drive though! Gearbox was VERY smooth as well! One of the best gearboxes of them all! BY FAR! Props to a very well built quality car! 9/10..

Oh and just so you know.. I am a huge Mitsubishi Fan and Skyline fan! I had never liked the 300 until I bought this thing. It's a really great car! It changed my mind the second I touched the gas! :D.

Review Date: 7th July, 2010

1992 Nissan 300ZX Fairlady Z 3.0 Twin turbo from UK and Ireland

Engine and transmission 3.0 Twin turbo Manual
Most recent distance102000 kilometres
Previous carFord Mondeo

Summary:

A great drivers car bar none

Prop-shaft bearing and universal joints failed 1 month into ownership.

Gearbox mount needed replacing.

Timing belt replaced.

General Comments:

Fantastic performance I bought this car as a Japanese import, stock except for intake, exhaust and Tein suspension.

It sticks to the road like glue, even if you hang the tail out wide (on a track of course).

The interior is comfortable and well laid out.

Review Date: 17th October, 2006

1992 Nissan 300ZX 3.0 V6 from North America

Engine and transmission 3.0 V6 Manual

Summary:

It' s a Z, there's nothing like it

Three fuel injectors went bad. The driver seat has a little wear. I put a new fuel filter in.

General Comments:

This is a thing of sheer perfection. It is one of the sexiest cars on the street. It's stock look it beautiful yet it can be made into a true beauty.

Review Date: 3rd March, 2006

1992 Nissan 300ZX Fairlady 3.0 Twin turbo from UK and Ireland

Engine and transmission 3.0 Twin turbo Automatic
Previous carVauxhall Vectra

Summary:

This car is absolutely amazing

Interior clock stopped working.

Horn stopped working.

Drivers side seat starting to wear.

Ignition module died after about 4 months ownership.

Odd sounds from engine lead to a completely new gearbox rebuild.

General Comments:

Although a few things have gone wrong with the car, the gearbox being the most painful to put right, I have had nothing, but sheer joy driving this beauty.

For a car this age I expected things to go wrong at some stage and knew parts would be costly. But I didn't care. I wanted a serious performance car and that is what I got.

As far as performance goes hardly anything can touch it. Acceleration is blistering and seems to keep giving more and more. I recommend not driving at top speed with targa roofs off if you are a tall person and love your hair. Wind buffeting your forehead at high speed is just not pleasant.

The only thing I would say to anyone thinking of buying a car like this is to have a garage to put it in first. This car will turn heads and parking this car outside your house on an estate. It attracts too much attention. It is a true babe magnet!

My car is an import and was fitted with two dump valves and a turbo timer before I bought it. The turbo timer helps to extend the longevity of the turbos. The dump valves are always great fun!

Warning: this car is not wet-road- friendly!!

Review Date: 20th July, 2005