1994 Nissan 300ZX Reviews

Most recent year of ownership2001
Engine and transmission 3.0 Don't Know
Most recent distance42000 miles
Previous carNissan 200SX

Summary:

A soon to be classic

The water pump seems to be a common problem on this model needing replacement at 35000 miles.

Tappets can be noisy, but a good valve cleaner used 200 miles before a regular service seems to help. Fully synthetic oil is a must.

Car sticks to road on bends, but the leather bucket seats seem to allow the driver to slide too much.

General Comments:

The 300ZX TT is one of the fastest cars I've driven and feels solid, even at 155mph+.

Very stylish interior, excellent driving position.

A Porsche beater at Fiesta prices.

Review Date: 22nd June, 2001

1994 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo 3.0 turbo petrol from North America

Most recent year of ownership2001
Engine and transmission 3.0 turbo petrol Manual
Previous carFord Thunderbird

Summary:

The perfect car

This car is the most wonderful thing that has ever happened to me... It's beautiful and sexy, and I don't think I could live without it.

I can't wait for 2002 when I get to get a new one!!!

Thank you NISSAN!!!

General Comments:

This is the most perfect car in the world... I bet God himself owns one :) And if he doesn't, he should.

Review Date: 5th April, 2001

8th May 2001, 10:52

I understand that it is beautiful and extremely fast, but don't forget that they are very thirsty.

27th Aug 2001, 15:32

Isn't that to be expected with so much power though?

27th Nov 2001, 17:39

Not if don't have a heavy foot ;)

My friend's 5.0 which is at 520hp right now, gets 29 miles to the gallon... better than my Explorer :P.

16th Dec 2001, 11:38

Someone who just made 520horsepower has a light foot, I don't think so!

3rd Apr 2003, 17:23

I think that when you own and drive one of these cars, your surroundings, your issues and especially fuel is extremely meaningless. DRIVE ON Z OWNERS!!!

23rd Oct 2004, 15:32

520hp and 29mpg I think you might be on something.

24th Jun 2005, 20:12

I find it hard to believe that a 5.0 Mustang could get 29 MPG, especially with all of the upgrades made to achieve 520 HP. Did you mean 19? I drove a like-new Mustang LX 5.0 for two months and never got more than about 17 out of the pig, even when using my lighter foot. Now, I do know from experience that cars can be modified to get better performance AND gas mileage simultaneously, but I think more people would be driving V8 Mustangs if they could milk numbers like 520 and 29 out of them. I will believe 19 MPG though. Someone also tried to tell me once that their Escalade got 26 MPG, WITH NO UPGRADES!!! I'll believe it when I quit seeing them filling up twice a week.

11th Mar 2006, 17:38

Re the Mustang debate. My '93 SSP (look it up) CAN get 27mpg when I'm willing to average 62mph. Only happens after a tune up and I'm running a test loop to check my mileage. Same with my '86 GT ragtop which CAN get 29mpg. I just choose to live with around 24mpg. Ross

1994 Nissan 300ZX 3.0 Twin Turbo from UK and Ireland

Engine and transmission 3.0 Twin Turbo

Propshaft UJs had factory fault, causing a "seat of the pants" vibration at 40mph and again at 90mph. Was off the road a total of six weeks at four separate main dealers trying to solve the problem.

Threat of legal proceedings prompted Nissan GB's involvement. Problem never really fixed; although the UJs were replaced FOC, the car never felt stable at high speeds.

Apparently, this fault affects a significant number of UK cars.

General Comments:

Stunning looks - even today, ten years on from its release - mask the fact that you should avoid buying a 300ZX.

Review Date: 19th October, 1999

24th Apr 2005, 00:42

I own a 95 Z32. I have had my Z up to 110 mph, and it is smooth as butter. Indeed the car is a beautiful piece of art. However, its beauty isn't hiding anything. The car runs and performs as well as it looks.