2008 Nissan 350Z Roadster V6 from North America

Summary:

Great car. Car insurance is higher

Nothing has gone wrong with this car.

General Comments:

The car is very dependable, Very tight and very good performance. I really love the motor and transmission.

Remember it is a sports car. The ride is like a sports car, but not really harsh.

I am very impressed with the car. I had a new 2013 Camaro and this car is so much better, and a better ride and better mileage. I had two buddies that bought Camaros and we all sold them...

Review Date: 22nd July, 2015

2008 Nissan 350Z Base 3.5L V6 from North America

Summary:

Outstanding

Nothing at all. Have to be careful because the black "rubber" material that is used on the door panel is subject to scratches (I always look at pre-owned vehicles to identify wear and tear spots before I buy one for myself).

General Comments:

I previously drove a 2003 Ford Mustang GT with the 4.6L 260HP V-8. The car was certainly fast at the time with estimated 0-60 runs around 5.4 seconds. I always enjoyed the low end grunt of the old single cam V-8, so it took me some time to become accustomed to the revvy nature of the dual intake, high output 3.5L V-6.

I think both cars were equally fast with an edge to the 350Z for having 306 HP, shorter wheel base, two seat sports car.

The Z is a blast to drive, and it finally seems that the 2007-2008 cars have addressed all of their reliability shortcomings of previous years. I am slightly over 12k and have had no problems whatsoever.

Drivers be warned that there is absolutely no cargo space, but considering you don't buy a car like this for that reason, I give what space it has as a 2 seater about an 8 on a scale from 1 to 10.

The handling and steering is amazing, taking whatever I throw at it. Some report that the V-6 becomes a bit harsh as you close in on 7,000 RPM, but I haven't experienced this at all. The short throw 6 speed is incredibly easy to row, and snicks into each gear with great precision.

I highly recommend this car to anyone shopping for a now used 350Z, since the introduction of the new 370. 2007-2008 cars feature the VQ35VHR motor, which gets noticeably more power with about 70% new parts versus the 2003-2006 motor.

Xenon HID headlights and 18" rims on the base car are my favorite features, as well as, gorgeous San Marino Blue.

Review Date: 11th June, 2010