2002 Nissan Frontier XE 3.3L V6 from North America

Summary:

Amazing 4x4 truck that's built to last

Check engine leak.

Had to replace the exhaust, which was loud when I bought it.

General Comments:

This is a workhorse of a V6 truck. I looked at a Ranger, Dakota, and S10, and ended up buying my Frontier at a very good wholesale price of $4999. The truck is so solid, as the doors shut just like a new truck would, there's no creaks and rattles like my old Jeep, and everything just seems built to last.

I've also hauled some serious full loads of firewood in this truck, without it barely squatting.

The seats aren't the most comfortable, but no Japanese truck is very comfy. But it makes up for that in reliability. I've taken several 300+ miles trips with no issues.

I also have nice General Grabber AT tires on this truck, and I've driven some pretty rotten logging roads with no issues. This truck will not get stuck!

For MPG, I get around 18.5 MPG all the time, so not too horrendous considering it's only about $58 to fill the tank with gas at $3.90/gal now.

Review Date: 18th September, 2012

2002 Nissan Frontier CC 3.3 from North America

Summary:

If this truck ever wears out, I will buy another one for sure

Fan relay.

Recall for rear axle.

Recall for fuel pump.

General Comments:

This has been the most reliable truck I have owned.

Only money spent was on normal wear parts.

Truck pulls my trailer, 1000lbs, easily.

I only wish it had more power.

Review Date: 9th July, 2008

2002 Nissan Frontier SE 4x4 3.3L V6 (VG33) from North America

Summary:

Amazing Vehicle

Nothing Has gone wrong with this truck, unless you consider the "Check Engine" light coming on because the gas cap was not tight enough.

General Comments:

I highly like everything about this truck, with the abuse I put it through it still treats me like royalty.

I wish the gas mileage was better.

Review Date: 11th September, 2006

2002 Nissan Frontier XE 2.4 Liter 4 cylinder from North America

Summary:

The perfect fun or

Very few things have gone wrong with my Nissan trucks so far.

The first being a broken strut I believe it was at 50,000 miles.

At 69,321 miles a wire started coming loose in the ignition, which led to me being stranded only that one time.

Then more recently, at 72.3045 miles, the EKG filter (not sure on this one, only know that it was located next to the firewall in a tight area of the engine)

General Comments:

The styling on the exterior is just wonderful.

It is built quite solidly, and has none of the aging car rattle that I have heard in many other makes in its class.

Lots of fun to drive.

Lends itself well to customization.

Has only failed me once, and that was an obcsure loose wire in the starter that had come loose.

Review Date: 4th August, 2004

28th Aug 2004, 23:54

I recently bought my first brand new truck a 2004 4 cyl. Frontier XE. It is O.K. I feel the quality is not up to par with what I expected from Nissan. At first glance, the styling is pretty cool. It seemed to drive great compared to my shock-less 79 Volvo which I was upgrading from. After I purchased the truck an drove it for a few weeks I started to notice things that bother me. The glove box closes lopsided and cannot be fixed even after replacement. Other new Frontiers I've looked at have the same problem. The power windows are cheap, they bounce on the way down and rattle around when cracked open at highway speeds. All of the torque is at 4000 rpm, the engine is loud in the cabin and engine vibrations are high at 4000 rpm and above. How can one use a "truck" efficiently like this? After 7,000 miles, there is a popping noise from the right front strut when I turn left over uneven surfaces. The windshield wipers squeak from the motor every time they move. I have treated this truck very well since owning it. I have owned many other brands of cars with none of these cheapish quirks. Other than the seeming unusual problems for a brand new truck, it drives really smooth, is pretty comfortable and easy to operate. But has anything like this happened to new Nissan owners?