2010 Nissan Frontier Reviews

Most recent year of ownership2012
Engine and transmission 2.4 4 cylinder Automatic
Most recent distance20000 miles
Previous carNissan Frontier

Summary:

Buy it, you won't regret it

Absolutely nothing has gone wrong with my truck. I have had it just shy of two years now, and have done 20k miles with no problems.

General Comments:

I bought the 4-cylinder for fuel economy, and I have to admit I am really glad I did. I never tow anything really heavy, and having a truck is great if you need to haul equipment, soil, or anything you rent.

I leased the truck just in case I didn't like it, and wanted to get rid of it after 3 years, but I don't see any way I can get rid of it. I had a 2006 Nissan Frontier before this, and the cab was too small for my liking, and it was a dog on power (also the 4 cylinder). This truck is much roomier and gets about the same gas mileage. I routinely get between 20-22 mpg. With the almost 20 gallon tank, I can go a while between fill ups. I only drive 30 miles round trip to work, so it works out pretty good.

Review Date: 5th April, 2012

2010 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab LE 4X4 L 4.0L petrol from North America

Model year2010
Year of manufacture2009
First year of ownership2009
Engine and transmission 4.0L petrol Automatic
Previous carChevrolet Blazer

Summary:

Good value

Nothing.

General Comments:

Small cab, good engine and "sporty handling".

I have a Snugtop Highliner shell carrying a 21 cubic foot Thule Cargo carrier on the top.

Towed a Jayco EXP 213 (approx 5000lb, 60 square feet frontal area) from LA to Bay Area yesterday. Only dropped below 55mph for traffic. Strong headwinds meant I had to drop to 3rd occasionally. Going up the Grapevine, I once had to drop to 2nd for short while: 5000rpm - wouldn't repeat but proved the truck could do it. Certainly not effortless, but I can live with it. 8 to 10 mpg. Head wind switched to cross wind, Weight Distribution Hitch and Sway Control seemed to work, no scary moments. Tekonsha proportional electronic brake controller worked great, no scary moments.

Go with the Nissan towing harness. Expensive, but 2 non-OEM products worked fine with tester, but turn signals flashed once and then did nothing when tested on (multiple) trailers.

Review Date: 9th August, 2010