1987 Nissan Maxima GLE V6 from North America

Summary:

Again, absolutely perfect!

All the years that I had the Maxima, and all of the trips that I made back and forth from Kansas to Phoenix, it was an absolute dream car to have, and if I could find another one, I'd buy it right now.

General Comments:

Absolutely no complaints!

And I even outran a road rage incident in Oklahoma on my way to Phoenix to see my family.

Review Date: 23rd December, 2014

24th Dec 2014, 21:28

Good to hear your 1987 went so far.

My 1997 is at 195,000 and still rockin'.

These are some of the best cars ever made in my opinion.

Good luck with your current car(s).

1987 Nissan Maxima GXE 3.0 6 cylinder from North America

Summary:

Best $800.00 commuter car I ever had

Master power windows switch needs replacing; only the driver's window works.

Power locks don't work.

AC/heater fan only works on high.

Brake fluid reservoir cap gasket swollen and needs replacing.

Radio is old and hard to operate.

General Comments:

For a twenty-five year old car, this old girl is quick and has a responsive steering/suspension setup.

It sits a lot lower than newer sedans, so you might feel like you're driving a sled, albeit a comfortable one.

Review Date: 6th December, 2012

1987 Nissan Maxima SE 3.0 from North America

Summary:

Excellent car!

Alignment redone recently-$30, will need new struts and another wheel bearing soon. Sun/moonroof leaks and will have to correct this problem. Also needs work done to air-conditioner. No other mechanical issues.

General Comments:

When I first purchased this car in August I was skeptical due to its age about its reliability. I was soon proven wrong. The car is very comfortable and fast. I fell in love with the car after driving it only once. Has pick-up as it uses the same engine as the 300ZX sports coupe.

This car is very advanced for its time and has features such as power windows, locks, power mirrors, seats, steering, cruise control, front AND rear window defroster, three options of suspension control and power sunroof.

Interior is immaculate, no cracks on dashboard, no tears or stains in seats. Car is seriously like-new condition to be 20 years old. I will be working to maintain and improve the current condition of the car. I do not intend to sell this vehicle.

Review Date: 20th October, 2007

1987 Nissan Maxima SE 3.0 gas from North America

Summary:

Very comfortable, great pick up, lofty

Rack and pinion went out at 97000; 700 dollars to replace.

Passenger vents don't blow.

Power antenna does not work.

Sun roof leaks.

General Comments:

Powerful car, old but solid.

Have not had it for too long, but so far so good.

VERY roomy and comfortable.

I paid 2000 for it.

Gas is not too bad, but good for a 1987 V6.

A/C works! Not bad for a car that is 2 years older than I am.

Review Date: 11th September, 2007

1987 Nissan Maxima SE from North America

Summary:

A good starter car, and a good mod car.

I've had to replace the original starter.

I've also had a few issues with the fuel filter three times and modify it so it's easier to reach. When the gas level hits 1/4 left, the car acts up horribly until I put more gas in her.

She also does not have any AC, which in the hot TX sun, with a sunroof, can be a killer.

General Comments:

This car was my first car ever to own, and for being a 17 year old car, she's low mileage and very nice. From sitting for two years with her previous owner in Iraq on business, she's had a few issues, but rarely ever fails to get me from one point to another in town.

Review Date: 15th September, 2005

1987 Nissan Maxima Station Wagon 3.5 V6 from North America

Summary:

A fun car to drive when the conditions are right!

The sunroof was great when it wasn't raining out. When it was raining out, however, the rain would leak in and stay in the roof only to come pouring on your head every time you hit the brakes!

The car was really fast and had great pick up until the shift from 3rd to 4th gear when... it just wouldn't do it sometimes! That right max speed about 40-45 about now unless you want to run at 5000 RPM.

Massive power steering fluid and oil leak. Not only did I have to keep buying a quart of each every 10 dollars in gas, but I left a hot trail to follow everywhere I went. It would also leak out when the car was sitting, so I couldn't park in anyones driveway.

General Comments:

Car was fast and a sleeper, especially with the back filled with groceries or laundry!

Review Date: 8th December, 2004