2009 Nissan Maxima SV 3.5L V6 from North America

Summary:

Fast sports sedan

The tire pressure indicator is always on; kinda annoying.

The lever for the fan level is pretty annoying; it doesn't respond too quick, like if I want to change from high to low, it takes a while to move.

Not sure on resale value/ability of the car to hold its value.

Nothing else, still very early.

General Comments:

The car is FAST!! 290 HP 3.5 engine, not much that can beat it. It's a proven motor, they have been using it for quite a while now.

So the CVT is kind of boring, it's geared low, so if you're just everyday driving, there's nothing much going on.

Yes, if you step on the gas, it's a rocket ship.

Steering is very precise.

The ride is very stiff, I've got the 19" rims, it's a huge change from the Toyota Avalon I was driving; it's a sports sedan, not a luxury sedan.

The interior is A+, wouldn't change a thing, it's the main reason I bought the car. I've got the sports package and tech package; definitely get the tech package.

I prefer the manual shift mode over paddle shifters, when I do use it, which is rarely ever.

The front view of the car is beautiful; if you ever rode in a Infiniti you will definitely recognize the view from the inside as far as hood goes. The side is average, until you get toward the rear fenders, that is very nice.

If I had it to do all over again, I actually would pass on the car, just because I'm more of a luxury guy. Would have bought LS 430 instead, but this is definitely a good buy.

Review Date: 26th March, 2014

2009 Nissan Maxima SV with Sport Package 3.5 from North America

Summary:

Best car I have had

The mirrors have a feature, that when in reverse gear, they move down so you can see the floor to avoid hitting something, but they've stopped doing it, and I have to take them to the dealer, but is a recurring problem that never gets fixed.

General Comments:

It's an amazing car; it feels like you are part of the jet set. This car is luxurious and sporty at the same time. It's the best car I have had in all my life by far.

The sport version is amazing. In Sports mode you feel like you're driving a racing car.

Review Date: 18th May, 2010

15th Aug 2010, 17:49

I also own a 2009 Maxima, totally love this car. Fast as hell and super good on gas!!!

Had an issue with the struts and coils springs, but Nissan took care of it promptly!!!

Love the looks, styling and quality of finishing, in and out. Feels like an Infiniti!!!

All I can say is I'm glad to be back in a Maxima after my 2000 Maxima lemon!!!

30th Oct 2010, 12:11

I love the way this car looks, as well as Nissan's V6.

I just can't afford it right now :'(